Chapter -9

Ethan's eyes gradually opened.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head," Alexander says with kind eyes and a warm grin.

When Ethan saw the devil's visage, the events of the previous night rushed through his head.He is quite ashamed.

Alexander smiles affectionately at the youngster, whose face is flushed.

"Lucas, you are so adorable.You are exactly the same as before."I am thrilled that you have returned."Alexander said it again, which Ethan doesn't understand.

If he truly loves and cares for this Lucas person, why would that person leave in the first place?Lucas must have had a reason to break away this mansion.It's not shocking if it's due of that creepy woman.

'Yes, I must take use of this opportunity to leave this area.'

"Alex, it's getting really boring living inside the mansion; can I go outside?" Ethan requested.

But he was wrong; Alexander's face transformed to a scary expression as soon as he heard Ethan's request.

'Fuck , he's furious.'

The kind and sweet person in front of him is no longer there.

"Lucas, I can give you everything you desire, but don't even think about leaving the mansion again."If you persist on went outside, I will cut off all of your limbs and lock you up,"Alexander threatened coldly will low and chilling tone, his eyes full with fury.

Alexander's abrupt menacing statements stunned Ethan.He seemed to be serious about it.

'I am terrified.I assumed he was a nice person, but I was mistaken.'

Alexander realized he had scared the youth, so he controlled his anger and restored his usual smile.

"Did I scare you, Lucas?"Sorry for losing my temper.I didn't mean to.The outer world is quite unsafe.I just want you to be protected.Please don't make such requests in the future, okay?"Alexander remarked gently as he wrapped the terrified kid.

Ethan does not respond; he simply nods.He still needs time to calm down after witnessing Alexander's unexpected side.

'He is dangerous!'

Ethan was forbidden to go to the front of the mansion where the garden and the main entrance door exist from then on.There is always a servant following him.Alexander spends all of his time with Ethan despite the fact that he has work to complete.He doesn't dare to ask any question about going outside of the mansion as it's angered Alexander.He knows if Alexander lost his temper again,he will be in real danger.
Ethan spent his days having sex with Alexander, who pampered him with expensive gifts and delicious meals.Alexander devotes him with love.But Ethan is not happy, and he haven't given up on the idea of leaving this strange territory.

No servants spoke to him since they were forbidden to do so.Even though they are threating with respect but they seems to hate Ethan.When Ethan became fatigued of asking questions about the mansion, Alexander, and family members.They intend on not talk about it and will ignore all of his questions.Ethan is sick of it.

Since he was insistent, the butler explained about the family members.

This is the home of the royal bloodline's former duchess Charlotte.She married Duke Harold and gave birth to Alexander after two years of marriage, who will be the next owner to this mansion.

Unfortunenately When Alexander was four years old, she died as a result of a fall from the balcony.Nobody knows what actually happened.After the duchess died, the duke remarried to the duchess's cousin sister, Marilyn, who was a widow with three children from her previous marriage, within a year.

Stephanie(8years old), and the twins Violet, and Victoria (5 years old) become Alexander's step sisters.Stephanie is married and have child,who is Phillip.But her husband has passed away when Phillips was 2 years old.Clyde and Betty are Duke Harold's siblings.They moved into the mansion after the death of the duchess.However, Alexander is the only legitimate heir to the Dukedom.As a result of the duchess's will, he becomes the head of the family instead of his father.

it's all the butler explained, and after saying these words, he looked at Ethan, confused, and asked why he didn't remember it.

Ethan is simply acting silly and laughing out of frustration.

Of course, he does not forget to ask questions about going outside.Ethan was taken aback by the butler's response.There is a rules that even family members must follow: no one may leave the house without Alexander's permission.There is just one key that opens the main entrance, and Alexander is the only one who has it.

'So that means no one is permitted to leave the mansion unless Alexander gives permission, which is insane.What is this place, a prison or a cage?What is the matter with them?'

'Should I ask about Lucas,but it will be weird.It will looks like I am asking about my self for them,I better not ask'

Ethan wants to ask more questions, but the butler does not respond and leaves the room.

'Now that I know about these family connections, there are still a lot of things I don't know.I need to find that key.'

Ethan spent the other days seeking for Alexander's key and acting normally.The key, however, was nowhere to be found.The strange thing is that everyone in the family avoids him.Because the estate is so large and has so many different areas, meeting each other by chance is difficult.But he ran into Betty again by coincidence, and she is no longer aggressive towards him; instead, she looks at him with disgust and leaves the scene.

'What's the problem with her, and that fellow doesn't seem to be doing well.Is he all right?'

And that cheerful kid, he'd seen Phillips many times, but the kid seemed terrified and ran away as soon as he spotted him.

"Exactly what is he doing?'Ethan was confused.

He occasionally ran into the twin's sister.Victoria smiled nicely everytime she saw him but avoided conversation with him, whilst the other female avoided him totally.

The duke's younger brother is not hesitant in expressing his displeasure with Ethan's presence.

'I don't like you either, you old geezer.'Don't be worried.'Ethan dislikes him as well.

He was eventually permitted to explore the maze and the garden outside of the mansion, accompanied by Alexander himself.

Even though Alexander treated him very well and spoiled him, Ethan's desire to leave this unusual place and return to his mother his normal life won't stop him from finding the key.

The days are flying by, and Ethan has been there six days.

He can't locate the key yet.