017.

Nia

As soon as I woke up, I felt his lips on the top of my forehead.

"Ummm." I smiled while looking back into his eyes.

The connection between Bean and me seemed almost unreal. I had never given my body to a man just like that, but it felt special with him. It didn't feel like it was a one-night stand. It felt like I was making love to my future husband. Better than any sexual encounter I've ever had with Damian. Damian had never made love to my pussy with his mouth the way Bean did. He took his time with me and explored my body, making sure to hit each sensitive part as gently as he could while satisfying me the way I craved.

I turned around and continued to fantasize about our night with my ass pushed against Bean. He grabbed me closer and kept his hands on my waist. Butterflies danced in my stomach, just from the touch of his strong hands. I could lie in bed with this man all day long and forget about whatever problems I had in the real world. I felt so safe in Bean's arms. We talked for hours last night, but there were still things I had to question about him.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I said as we cuddled.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"What do you do for a living? You have this big house, nice cars, icy jewelry, and all that good stuff. How can you afford all that?"

"I run a real estate company. My ex-wife started the business, and I thought it would only be right to keep that shit going," he replied.

"Oh, that's sweet of you to keep her business going. I've thought about becoming a real estate agent in the past, but I really have it bad for nursing."

I thought about my dream of becoming a nurse, delivering babies and working in the NICU section of the hospital. I was so passionate about my career goals, but I could never stay focused on school. Damian always found a way to knock me off track. He seemed to be was jealous of everything I tried to do. Afraid that I would become successful and leave him. I couldn't do shit with him around, always telling me what and what not to do.

"You can still do it. As a matter of fact, my cousin can get you into a nursing program. She works at one of those private schools, but you won't have to worry about the tuition or none of that shit. I got you. I'm all for a woman trying to get that paper and boss up. Education is everything."

"You would really do that for me?" I asked in surprise.

"Hell, yeah. I'm that nigga that's gon' put you on your feet instead of having you crawl behind me. I want you to be successful. Have your own shit going on too. Feel me?" he said.

"Damn, that's some real shit. I've never had anyone standing in my corner to help me with anything. It means a lot."

"When you got a real nigga in your corner, shit like that is normal."

Each time Bean spit the word real out of his mouth, I would start to think about all the shit I was hiding from him and feel guilty.

"I have to tell you something. You've been keeping it real with me, and it's only right I do the same thing with you." I turned around and looked him in the face.

"What's up?"

"Well, first things first, I'm pregnant. I just found out a couple days ago. Don't worry, I'm not keeping the baby. I can't stomach the thought of carrying Damian's child. I hate that man and everything he did to me. Keeping this child will just remind me of him. I'm making an appointment to get rid of it next week," I confessed.