Welcome to the playground pt 2

Hey! It's been a while!!

I'm in a much better place now and have fallen in love with writing again. The past year has been really difficult and my life changed so much to the point I stopped doing what made me happy. 

Now I've gotten used to my new routine and Grief is not as intense, I've started to figure out how to incorporate the things I love back into my life.

This chapter isn't the longest, but it's a start! I have also started writing a My hero academia fanfiction if anyone is interested, please check it out! Updates for that book come out every Sunday!

Ellie xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosabella scaled the building behind Powder, ready to catch her in case she slipped. She reached up, gripping a ledge, and hauling herself up placing her feet on an uneven piece of brick. She looked down to see Both Claggor and Mylo steadily making their way up after her. She heard Vi call down from above them all.

"We're almost there," Vi said, her tone encouraging. Rose sent her a tired smile, already feeling her muscles begin to ache from the long climb. Violet reached the top of the building, pulling herself upright as she took in the view.

"Hey Powder," Vi called." Come take a look" Rose gave Powder a boost, pushing her over the top so she could join her sister, before pulling herself up and walking over to the duo standing at the edge of the building. Rose looked around her, she felt breathless, she thought that things would have changed over the years she had been in the Undercity, but it was almost identical to how she left it. She felt a pang in her chest, if she looked hard enough, she could see her old home in the distance. Rose's face crumpled into an expression of uncertainty, could she really do this?

"Nice to get above it all, huh?" Rose heard Vi say, but she didn't register it, not really. Her chest started to feel tight and suddenly, it was hard to breathe properly. She felt something grip her shoulder and shake her shoulders. Rose blinked to clear her vision and saw Vi standing in front of her with a concerned expression on her face.

"Hey Rose, look at me" Vi soothed. "Talk to me, what's going on?" Vi rubbed circles on Rose's back, trying to calm her down.

"I don't think I can do this Vi," Rose whispered, she sounded almost ashamed. " I-I know these people, I was born here. I can't just steal from them." She was almost frantic, she had mixed emotions that were swirling around her body, hitting her in overwhelming waves almost drowning her.

"Hey, hey, hey." Vi hushed, smoothing back Rose's lavender hair. "The Topsiders are not going to suffer if we take a couple of gold coins or possessions." Sure they might be a little angry, but they don't need it to survive. We will suffer without this, we need this to buy ourselves the basic things to live, and to keep the last drop going. We are family, we will do whatever it takes, cupcake."

Rosabella let out a breath, nodding and squeezing Vi's hand before getting shoved out of the way by Mylo, claiming that he would, one day, shoot an airship down. Rose rolled her eyes, hitting Mylo on the back of the head while Vi shoved his arm down. Earning a loud groan from Mylo, he sent a glare at both of them.

"Vi, are you sure about this?" Claggor asked, looking over the edge of the building and shrinking back. "Look, if we get caught-"

"We're not gonna get caught." Rose butted in. placing a hand on his shoulder and sending him an awkward smile before turning around and following Vi onto another section of the building's roof, which was significantly lower than the first part. The others followed suit.

"We'll be in and out before anyone notices," Vi added, balancing along a narrow part of tiling. She stopped abruptly, looking at the drop in front of her, she looked over her shoulder to glance worriedly at Powder who bore a nervous expression on her face.

Rose caught on to Vi's concern and shoved past Mylo, who tried to wack her in return (and missed). She walked behind and placed one hand on each of Powder's shoulders, sending a reassuring look over to Vi, who nodded at her gratefully.

Vi took a breath before speaking up. "Alright everybody, follow me." She said. "Just... don't look down."