chapter 4- Journey home pt2

Hey! I just wanted to thank you all for 200 reads! I honestly didn't expect to get more than 2 reads on this story so this honestly means the world to me. Let me know if you readers are enjoying the story so far. 

This is pretty much it for Rose's back story so we should e getting into the fun stuff within the next few chapters!

once again, thank you so much for the support and I hope you enjoy <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosabella woke up in a large, unfamiliar room that resembled a basement. She was lying on a small couch with two cushions supporting her head, a thin, patchwork blanket was placed neatly over her, and a small stuffed bunny was placed between her arms, being hugged to her chest.

Rose sat up slowly, stretching her arms while letting an exhausted yawn leave her mouth. She gently placed the stuffed bunny down on the table that sat in the center of the room. Judging by the condition of the stuffed toy, it was clearly well loved. It was dirty, and there were some loose threads here and there with a missing eye to top it off.

Her eyes trailed around the room. There were two beds on each side of the room. On the right side, there were two beds with drawings of two girls- one with pink hair and a smaller girl with blue hair- that covered the wall. On the other side of the room there were another pair of beds, one neatly made while the other was left in a pile of blankets on top of a bare mattress.

The rest of the room was pretty bare, there were no paintings or pictures hung on the wall in photo frames and there was no coloured paint that coated the walls. They were a dark brown and were made from wood, there were several large silver and bronze rusted pipes that hung down from the ceiling and lined some of the walls. They let out the occasional creak from the liquid that flowed through them.

Just as Rosabella was about to get up and try to find a way home, a door opened. The man who had saved her entered the room with four other kids, three around the same age as her and the other was barely out of the toddler stage, trailing behind him with their heads bowed.

Vander looked over at Rose, and when he saw her awake and sitting up, he flashed a friendly smile her way. He gestured for the other kids to take a seat before sitting down himself on the table that was surrounded by two couches and one single armchair.

The armchair was inhabited by a pink haired girl, her hair was short and stuck out in places. She looked to be the same age as Rose, her eyes were open wide, alert of the situation, constantly analysing her surroundings as if she was expecting something bad to happen. It was the same pink haired girl who had winked at her after she had stolen from Gary's stall. So, it was these kids who had her almost hit by a complete stranger when she had nothing to do with what happened in the first place.

The youngest child with blue hair took a seat next to Rose. She huddled in the corner of the couch that was furthest away from Rose as she eyed her curiously. The other two, one who was slightly larger and had goggles on his head and the other who had black spiky hair and carried a slightly immature aura around him, sat down on the couch that was opposite the one Rose and the blue haired girl was sitting on

There was an awkward silence that settled over Rose and the others. It was obvious that Vander wanted to say something, but he was having trouble finding the right words in his head. After a few more minutes Vander sighed and opened his mouth to talk.

"I have reason to believe you're not from down here." Vander's voice came out stern but not unfriendly. He looked over at Rose before smiling and letting out a small chuckle. "I also have reason to believe that we haven't been properly introduced. The names Vander but, you already knew that. What's yours?"

Vander looked at Rose, softly urging her to speak. Rose looked around at the others before speaking. "M...my name is Rosabella; my last name is Stormweather. But I think Rose sounds better."

Vander's eyes widened in surprise; Rose was a Stormweather?

He shook his head before turning around and tapping the pink haired girl on the head. Vander whispered something to her before she sat up, making eye contact with Rose.

"My name is Violet, but I prefer Vi..." Vi flashed Rose a small smile before looking over to the blue haired girl and making a hand gesture towards her. "That's Powder, she's my sister. The guy with the goggles over there is Claggor and the other guy with horrible hair is Mylo."

The said horrible haired boy looked at Vi with daggers before scoffing and looking at Rose, studying her, "My hair is NOT horrible."

Rose let a few giggles slip out of her mouth before she looked over to Vander "Ummm, Vander? I need to go home..."

Vander nodded his head in response. He stood up and scooped Rose up for the second time that day. "I can walk you up to the entrance of Piltover but that's as far as I can go, okay?" He felt Rose's head nod against his shoulder.

Rose looked up and waved at the others as Vander started to make his way to the door. Rose could see the others wave back before Vander turned himself around so he was facing the four other kids. "Let this be a lesson to all of you. Don't be so reckless in the future, your actions could have serious consequences on others." Vander paused in thought before he spoke again, this time his voice was hard and stern. "Now, I want this whole place spotless before I get back."

Vander turned and walked up the stairs and to the exit of the Last Drop, taking Rose back to her very unhappy home.