ikran, neteyam

as you were exploring the dense forest, the sound of rustling leaves filled the air. climbing up a large tree to get a better view, you suddenly felt a forceful gust of wind as an ikran swiftly knocked you off your perch.

your vision blurred and your head throbbed as you tried to regain your bearings after the fall. dazed and confused, you realised that you were still conscious, though not without pain.

moments later, the mighty ikran returned, landing elegantly in front of you. seated atop was neteyam, one of the boys from your clan. you couldn't deny your massive crush on him; however, he was known for being strict and sometimes irritating.

rolling your eyes at his concerned expression, you struggled to stand and walk away.neteyam quickly broke his bond with the ikran and approached you cautiously. "i can give you a ride back to the village if you like," he offered sincerely.

"no thanks," you replied curtly.

"come on, it's the least i can do for knocking you out of the tree," neteyam persisted.

reluctantly, you agreed to accept his offer. climbing onto the back of his ikran, your fingers wound tightly around his waist as he reestablished his bond with the majestic creature. as the ikran took flight, neteyam turned towards you while maintaining control over its movements.

"i'm neteyam, by the way," he said with a smile.

"i'm y/n. could you just face the way the ikran is flying?" you asked nervously.

"nah, don't worry. she practically flies herself," neteyam assured you carelessly.

"great because this whole ikran riding thing is new to me." to your surprise and concern, this information seemed to spark excitement within neteyam.

"are you serious?" he asked. "oh, we've got to fix that. hold on tight!"

before you had a chance to react, neteyam urged the ikran into a breathtaking dive. exhilaration and terror combined as you flew through the forest at seemingly impossible speeds, your face pressed against his back just to avoid being thrown from the rapidly moving beast.

you couldn't help but scream as the scenery flashed by in a blur of colours and shapes.when you arrived back at the village, neteyam took you to mo'at to check on your head. as he was leaving, he kissed your cheek and smirked as a purple blush appeared across your checks. maybe he wasn't as irritating as everyone said he was.