memories, neteyam

under the warm sun, you and neteyam lounged on the soft sand, enjoying each other's company beneath a rustling palm tree. the sound of waves crashing against the nearby coral reef sets a peaceful tone for your quiet conversation.

you both reminisced about the lush forest you used to call home and all the adventures you had there before the war forced you out of your peaceful sanctuary. neteyam's eyes sparkled with determination as he vowed that when the war ended, he would lead you back to your beloved forest, and together, you would build a life and start a family there.

as you talked about your dreams, you noticed that neteyam had started looking at you with curiosity and a hint of mischief in his eyes. you playfully admonished him for it, to which he just chuckled and innocently asked why he should stop.

with a soft sigh that betrayed your own vulnerability, you admitted that his current gaze brought back memories of a much more intimate moment-one where both of you passionately kissed under the moonlight.

neteyam's grin widened as he recalled that particular night too. just last night, after spending a day exploring an isolated part of the island, he finally confessed his true feelings for you. to his delight, your feelings were mutual.

that treasured moment led to an emotional and fiery exchange as both of your lips met under the silvery moonlight, sealing the bond between two souls destined to be together.

in that tender instant, standing at the edge of the world with only each other for company, both of you pledged yourselves to one another in a love story written by fate itself.

and as you settled back into the present on that sunny beach beneath the palm tree, reminiscing about how beautiful life could be and dreaming about future happiness together in this world filled with pain and uncertainty.

it became evident that some things were simply worth fighting for: family, love, and the hope for a life uncompromised by the horrors of war.