Chapter 8

Tonight starts the Thanksgiving break once classes have finished. I am sad about missing my first ever Thanksgiving with my family since my birth. Yet, I am excited to spend the time with Logan and his family.

"Are you ready to head out after classes?" Logan asks as we enter our last class of the day.

We share this class with Shay and Xavier, too. The four of us share a square table together with me sitting next to Shay, Logan sitting across from me, and Xavier sitting next to him.

"Yeah, I have my bag packed, and sitting on my made bed," I smile as we sit in our seats.

Xavier and Shay join us a minute later before the final bell sounds.

"Hello boys!" Xavier greets with a broad grin, and Shay greets us, too.

Logan and I greet them back, and as we start working on our projects, I move my chair closer to Shay, laying my head on his shoulder with a content sigh.

"Are you guys ready for this break?" Xavier inquires as everyone continues to work.

We all agree to this as Shay wraps his left arm around my waist as he works with his right hand.

"Braelin, are you okay?" Shay murmurs as my mind becomes a little fuzzy, and the urge to suck my left thumb, and cuddle with my blanket becomes strong.

"No," I mumble, feeling even more fuzzy by the second. "Logie, I no feew goo'."

"Shit," Logan mutters, making me tear up, thinking I am bad for not feeling good before he calls out for our teacher's attention, and I let out a small sob.

"Yes, Logan?" she says, coming over to our table, and I shrink into myself, and further into Shay's side.

"Braelin is not feeling well, may I take him to his dorm, please?" he requests, and I sniffle loudly as more tears fall down my face.

"Sure," she says, focusing her attention me, and I do not like that. "If he gets worse, take him to the nurse, okay? I will not mark either of you absent."

"Thank you, Miss," Logan says, standing with a smile toward her, and then toward me. "Come on, Braelin, let's get you to your room."

Humming softly as I stand, Logan then asks Xavier and Shay to please come to the room when class is done before they leave for the break, and that he will explain everything. They agree, and Logan wraps his right arm around my waist, leading me out of the room, and toward our dorm building.

"Logie, you ma' me?" I whimper as I go completly fuzzy as we leave the building.

"No baby, I am not made at you, I promise," he quickly assures, gently squeezing my side for a second before loosening his grip.

Arriving at my dorm room, he takes my key ring from the clip on my pant belt look to unlock the door for us, and ushers me inside. Logan shuts and locks the door behind us as I rush into my bedroom to grab my blankie off my bed. Rubbing my entire face over the fleece blanket with silk trim with a content sigh, and I slip my thumb into my mouth.

"Braelin?" Logan softly asks from behind me, and I hum as I suck my left thumb. "How are you right now, Brae?"

Turning around to face him, sucking hard on my thumb while continuing to rub the side of my face on the blankie, mumbling aorund my thumb; "Free."

"Okay," he says with a soft smile. "How about we nap before we leave for my house?"

"You nap wif me?" I ask with wide, hopeful eyes.

Logan nods with an even wider smile, and I let out a happy squeal as I rush over to him. Grabbing his hand, I pull him over to the bed, climbing on top with a giggle as I bounce-crawl to the right side, leaving the left side to Logie.

"Logie, cubble, pease?" I request, standing to my feet on the bed to bouce down onto my butt with a loud giggle, watching my blankie flutter down beside me, and onto the space next to me.

"Come here, little one," Logan requests, and it is then I realize he is lying on his back with his arm closest to me spread out.

Quickly crawling over to him, blankie gripped tightly in my right hand, and I lie on my tummy, on top of Logan, so we are tummy to tummy. Lying my head on his shoulder with my face near his neck, so I can suck my thumb, and tuck my blakie under my arm and chest.

"Comfy, Brae?" Logan asks, he wraps his arms around me - one around my waist, and one around my shoulders.

"Yesh, luve Logie," I sigh, popping my left thumb back into my mouth with a happy sigh.

"Love Brae," he murmurs as he moves his hand from my waist to rub my back with his warm palm, lulling me into peaceful sleep on top of him.

Sometime later, I wake, warmer than normal and content, and I am not sure why. Picking my head up, I notice Logan under me, and I frown because I have no idea why we napped, or how he slept with me entirely on top of his body.

"Logan?" I whisper, gently tapping his cheek with the tips of my fingers.

His eyes flutter open, blinking lazily at me with a growing smile, and he says with a raspy voice; "Hi Braelin. Have a nice nap cuz I did?"

My entire body blushes red as I silently nod in reply, and I murmur out a simple 'yes.'

"What happened?" I ask, still on top of Logan, but now with my head tucked into the warm skin of his neck.

"I think you dropped into to 'Little Space,'" he answers, and memories rush back to me from the last class of the day.

"I did, and I cannot remember the last time I dropped into 'Little Space,'" I mumble. "Thank you for taking care of me, and I am sorry if you felt you had to take care of me, and if I was a handful."

"You were not a handful, and I do not mind taking care of you," he whispers, giving me a gentle squeeze, and a kiss to the top of my head.