Chapter 1

TW: Bullying, Violence (future chapters), and homophobic slurs

Students filled the campus grounds of Westerburg High. "Veronica?!" A familiar voice called. Veronica turned around to find the dark haired green eyed beauty approaching her. It was Heather Duke. Heather Duke had been had been a member of a popular clique at her High School that called themselves the Heathers.

They were the envy of the entire school. All except her of course. Everyone treated them like celebrities. Veronica found it strange that Heather Duke was approaching her. They barely knew each other.

Sure they had talked a couple of times but it was about an English or biology assignment. Veronica's heart began to race as the sharp dressed girl approached her. Her palms began to sweat. Why was she suddenly nervous?

Once Heather had approached her she flashed her a charming smile. "Wait...charming? Did I just think that?" Veronica thought mentally scolding herself.

"Heyyy!" Veronica said smiling back and trying to keep her cool. Was it hot outside? It was totally hot outside.

"I've been wanting to ask you all morning! What do you think of my new lip gloss?" Heather asked. Veronica's eyes fell to the girl's lips. For a second she couldn't help but imagine what it would feel like to have them on hers.

As if Heather could read her mind, a small smirk appeared on the corner of her lips. "I-I-it looks great! Fantastic. Ermmm very uhh shiny!" Veronica replies. This was strange. Why did Heather Duke care what she thought?

Heather didn't look convinced. To Veronica's surprise, Heather steps closer until they're a few inches apart. Veronica swallowed nervously. She tried to slow her breathing. "W-w-wha—" Veronica stuttered before she felt Heather press a finger to her lips.

"Shhh" Heather said before removing a finger and crashing their lips together. Veronica's eyes widened in disbelief. The taste of passion fruit filled her mouth. Veronica had to admit that her lips felt perfect against her own.

Before Veronica knew it, she wrapped her arms around Heather's waist, deepening the kiss. "Oh my God! Veronica Sawyer is a fucking dyke!!" She heard someone yell. Panic suddenly rushed through her when she realized that they had kissed in front of nearly the entire school.

Veronica quickly pulled away. Looking around, she noticed what looked to be a thousand eyes on her. "N-no I'm not!" Veronica shouted turning a deep shade of red. She looked back at Heather in hopes that she'd help.

Heather stood there giving her the same odd look that everyone else was giving her. "You just couldn't help yourself could you?" Heather asked with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"What the hell are you talking about?! You kissed m—"

Before Veronica could finish the students began to chant "Veronica's a dyke!" They continued to repeat the chant as Veronica covered her ears.

"No I'm not!" She cried. The crowd seemed to surround her getting closer by the second. "I'm not gay!" Veronica cried over and over. It was no use. It felt as though the world was closing in on her.

***

Veronica woke up in a cold sweat. A loud gasp escaped her lips. It took her a moment to familiarize her surroundings.

"What the fuck?" She said to herself. Another kissing dream about Heather Duke? This was the fourth one she had this week. She didn't understand what it meant.

As horrifying as the end of the dream was, her mind couldn't help wandering back to Heather's lips on her own. This instantly gave her butterflies. No. She couldn't think about that. She wouldn't. They were only dreams. Certainly, they didn't mean anything.