Chapter 10

Veronica watched in horror as JD held the gun to Heather's back. Veronica saw him whisper something in Heather's ear which caused the girl's face to go pale with fear. "Goddamn you JD!" Veronica shouted.

"Ah ah ah Veronica! I would hate to have your sapphic lover's brains blown out on such a lovely night night as this." He said with a sickly chuckle.

No one in the cars seemed to notice the trouble they were in. Their radios must have been turned up too loud. After all he did a good job hiding the gun so they more than likely didn't see it.

Veronica looked at Heather who stared back at her with pleading eyes. "Ronnie save me." Heather sobbed.

Veronica balled her fists with rage. "Let my girlfriend go you fucking bastard." She growled through clenched teeth.

JD pulled Heather closer to him pressing his nose to her hair. "Fuck you smell nice. You're quite the catch too. That's too bad that all of this is going to waste." He said before roughly pulling her towards his car.

"Ronnie!!" Heather cried.

"Shut the fuck up!" JD said.

Veronica's head was spinning. She couldn't let him drive off with her girlfriend. She quickly climbed into Heather's car turning it on.

She heard the sound of tires screeching from behind. She spotted JD speeding down the path towards the drive in exit. She pulled out following him.

He was a fast driver. She knew she was going at least 30 miles over the speed limit. She didn't give a damn. A small part of her wished someone would pull her over so she could tell them what was happening but knew that he would kill her as soon as he heard sirens.

It had been about 15 minutes. She recognized where they were going as she followed him down the wooded path. The lake where they had the party.

JD got out of the car roughly pulling Heather in tow. Veronica didn't even bother turning off the car.

He dragged her towards the water before stopping a few feet away. She kicked and protested struggling to get out of his grasp.

Veronica's hands shook as she watched the horrific scene play out. "JD let her fucking go or so help me God!" Veronica hissed.

"Or what? OR WHAT VERONICA?! I'm the one with the gun here!! I have the power!" JD shouted.

"Ronnie, I love you. I love you so much." Heather cried shaking her head.

"I love you t-"

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GODDAMN BITCH!" JD interrupted before shooting a random spot in the sand causing them both to jump. Sweat poured down his face.

"JD listen to me, you're n-"

"No! You listen! This girl bats her eyelashes and gives you a sliver of attention and suddenly you're a dyke now?!" He shouted.

The sound of thunder rumbles from above. Veronica feels a few droplets fall on her forehead. A few become what seems like millions as the droplets turn into a rough downpour.

"JD, I'm sorry we didn't work out. I know you're upset. I understand. I shouldn't have said yes to going out with you." Veronica begins taking a step closer.

JD puts Heather in a chokehold with one arm pressing the gun to her temple. Heather gasps in desperation.

Veronica takes another step closer. "You stole my girlfriend you fucking bitch! You with your perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect life and fucking trust fund. Most popular girl in the school now that Heather Chandler's gone but that wasn't enough NO! You had to take her away from me!" He shouted.

"JD I'm sorry goddamn it! Just let her go! If you're going to kill anyone, kill me! I left you! She didn't—"

Before Veronica could finish she was interrupted by the sound of laughter. It was coming from Heather. Both JD and Veronica looked at her in confusion.

"And scene!" Heather says with her signature evil smile. Veronica had seen it in school when she and the other Heather's played a prank on the geeks or any other students they looked down upon.

"It was so easy. She came to me like a moth to a flame. Just a little teasing at first. When we were in Heather Chandler's closet I knew that after we kissed she was hooked. It was true. She couldn't get enough of me." Heather laughed.

Veronica couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was this a trick? Did the girl really mean what she was saying?

Heather what are you saying?" Veronica asked as her voice shook.

"She's saying exactly what I told you Veronica! It was only to stoke her own ego." JD's replied. His grip had loosened around the brunette giving her a chance to escape.

"And you fell for it...hook, line and sinker." Heather said beginning to laugh.

Veronica could feel the tears swelling in her eyes. A blend of tears and rain fell down her face.

"N-n-no that can't be true." Veronica said.

"Believe it baby! Easiest catch ever!" Heather replied.

Before anyone could say anything Heather elbowed JD in the stomach causing him to cry out in pain. She quickly turned around kicking him in the groin causing him to drop the gun into the sand.

"FUCK YOU!" JD shouted. Heather quickly grabs the gun holding it towards JD.

"Ronnie get in the car! Get out of here!" Heather shouted.

Veronica felt a wave of relief wash over her. Heather had managed to get the gun back and all the stuff she was saying was part of the plan. A small part of her thought it truly had been a trick all along. However looking into the girl's eyes she could see the love she had for her.

"No. I'm staying right here." Veronica said walking towards them. JD finally starts to get up but Heather kicks him down to the ground. Heather backs up handing Veronica the gun.

"Who's in charge now you goddamn asshole?" Veronica asks pointing the gun at his face.

"She doesn't love you! She'll fucking leave you after a week and you'll be begging to take me back!" JD shouts. "You think that's true love? People like Heather aren't capable of true love! She's an empty shell of a person and she'll use you and spit you out like—"

BANG!

Blood splatters onto the sand after Veronica pulls the trigger. His body lays there lifeless as the heavy rain causes the blood on his face to drip into the sand.

Veronica and Heather stare at his lifeless body before turning toward each other. They breathe heavily from the adrenaline. Heather suddenly wraps her into a hug resting her head against Veronica's chest. The sound of the pouring rain is nearly deafening. Veronica slowly wraps her arms around the girl.

"I love you Ronnie." Heather says staring at the ground.

"I love you too princess." Veronica replies.

AN: One more chapter after this one