Chapter 11

Veronica had written a suicide note in JD's handwriting  and placed it on the inside of his car. They had decided to throw JD's body at the bottom of the lake.

It took them a few moments to process everything that had happened and calm down. Although the idea of having had to kill someone disturbed her, she felt as though a weight had been lifted off her chest. She was finally free.

The two girl's looked into each other's eyes. Veronica slid her arms down to the waistband of Heather's dress. "You know for a second your really had me fooled there. I thought this whole thing had been some fucked up joke." Veronica said cracking a nervous smile.

Heather slid her arms around Veronica's neck. "Never, my love." Heather replied flashing that charming smile that made it hard to look away.   Goddamn her and that mesmerizing smile. She knew that if Heather asked her to to do anything she would.

"Who would have thought that not too long ago m we hated each other's guts?" Veronica smiled.

"See how elastic our stiff prejudices grow when love once comes to bend them." Heather replied dreamily before softly pecking Veronica's lips.  The taste of strawberries and rain lingered on Veronica's lips.

"Where's that from?" Veronica asked.

"Moby Dick, silly. You know, the book I've told you about like a million times?" Heather replied sounding both amused and slightly annoyed.

"I'm sorry babe. I forgot." Veronica said with a nervous smile.

"It's okay. I'll have to punish you later." Heather replied as the look in her eyes had suddenly gone dark.

Veronica felt a blush creep on her cheeks. Her heart began go pound in her chest with an anticipation that reached her stomach and lower region. "Not now." Veronica whimpered. She meant to say it in her head but accidentally said it out loud.

Heather smirked realizing what she had done to the girl. "Why Veronica Sawyer, am I making you-"

"Let's get the hell out of here before we both get pneumonia." Veronica suggested.

Heather agreed before taking her hand. They made their way toward Heather's car.

                                       ***

A FEW WEEKS LATER....

Veronica climbed onto Heather's California King after taking a shower. She had borrowed a t-shirt and pair of shorts. Pouring water from the shower sounded in the background.

Veronica sat on the bed turning on the tv and flipping through channels. She stopped when she saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show. No way was she changing the channel on this camp classic.

Further into the movie the bathroom door opened. Heather stood there in a short pale blue silk nightgown with black lace flowers embroidered on the top.

Veronica stared at her with her mouth hanging open. "See something you like?" Heather asked giggling.

All Veronica could do at the moment was nod. "You're looking at me like all the guys in school do." Heather said biting her lip and tilting her head.

"Hey hey hey! I am looking respectfully!" Veronica said holding up her hands defensively. This caused Heather to laugh before she made her way onto the bed climbing toward Veronica.

Veronica grew hot from the mischievous twinkle in those green eyes across from her. Veronica sat back against the head board as Heather climbed onto her lap straddling her.

Veronica placed her hands on the girl's ass pulling her closer. Heather leaned in stopping only a couple of centimeters away from the girl's lips.  "Hi." Heather whispered softly cupping her face.