PROLOGUE: The Fall of Fukawa

You all know the story of the Ultimate Lucky Student, Makoto Naegi. How he defeated Junko Enoshima, saved Hope's Peak Academy and Towa City, and went on to become the Ultimate Hope, and Hope's Peak's headmaster.

However...this is not the intended story.

This is a story that begs the question: What if Junko Enoshima died before she could event start the tragedy, and the Class 78 Killing Game? What if her killer was a bigger threat than she is? What if the Class 78 Killing Game...never happened?

This is the story of the Ultimate Lucky Student, Makoto Naegi, and his endeavours to understand the source of hope and the source of despair: the elements of goodness and evil, which are inherent in every single one of our hearts.

*******************************************

It was nighttime at Hope's Peak Academy. What 15 students thought would be a normal first day turned for the worst. Instead, they had all been imprisoned by an animatronic bear named Monokuma. Worst of all, Monokuma planned on throwing them all into a killing game. Notice how I said planned? Well...here's what actually happened instead.

Whilst everyone else was asleep, the Ultimate Fashionista, Junko Enoshima, was sat on her bed, wide awake. Almost as if she was waiting for someone. That's because this wasn't the real Junko Enoshima. Her real name was...

"Mukuro! Where are you?!" a voice rang out from the speakers. "What do you want now, Junko?" Ultimate Soldier Mukuro Ikusaba sighed."You know damn well what I'm calling you here for! Come here!"

Mukuro began walking over to the room where the voice was coming from. She stopped midway, as she suddenly got a feeling she was being watched, or worse followed. She turned around, her hand in her pocket in case she needed to defend herself. Nothing. She took her hand out her pocket and continued walking up to the room. After a moment, she finally arrived and opened the door.

The room was dark, save one light. The light showed a silhouette of a girl, sitting on a swivel chair, in front of a monitor. Turning around, Mukuro was face to face with a girl with long, thick, bleached, strawberry blonde hair tied into pigtails. This was her younger twin sister, Junko Enoshima.

"Ugh, I can't honestly bare seeing you with that disguise. You don't have to wear it when you're in here, dear sister." Junko scoffed. Mukuro rolled her eyes, and began removing the wig she was wearing, revealing her short black hair underneath it. "Thank god, that wig is so heavy. How can you handle that kind of hairstyle? It's honestly pitiful." Mukuro heaved. She stood next to her sister, who look pretty comfortable in that chair. "So, Junko, what's the plan?" she asked.

"Simple. First, we kill Kyoko's father. Get him out of the way, strip the students of their memories for two years, and that'll be enough time for us to destroy the world." Junko smiled menacingly, with a small laugh escaping mid-sentence. "Ooh, that's perfect. Has any progress been made?"

"Nope, not yet. But, I'm about to get to the first part. We need that pathetic Principal Kirigiri out of the way first. Let's track him down!" Junko laughed, as she grabbed the mouse and waved it to turn the monitor on. Only...the monitor wasn't corresponding with it. Junko's confusion turned to frustration.

"Huh? What the?! Nothing's working! The cameras won't turn on!" Junko cried, furiously shaking the mouse. "Uh, Junko? When was the last time you saw Monokuma?" Mukuro asked. Junko couldn't answer. She shrugged her shoulders, her mouth making a noise as if to say "I don't know."

Suddenly, a laugh suddenly could be heard inside of the room, which caught the attention of both sisters. "Did you hear that?" Junko asked. "Yes, I did." Mukuro replied. "What the hell was that?"