𝟒𝟑 | ❄️𝑫𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏❄️

A/N: It's my birthday! (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)
- which is why I'm posting this chapter earlier than I planned to. I think of it as my... Mini-celebration, let's say.

Enjoy! :>

"Okay, that's it for class," Mr. Aizawa says. "There's only one week left until the final exams. You all are studying properly, right?" He asks.

'No.'

After the incident with Himari yesterday, what Aizawa said last week about our exams coming up must've slipped my mind. And I didn't study one bit the entire week.

That was a bit of a problem. I'm smart when it comes to fighting, but normal school subjects? Not really. I'm not bad enough to fail, but I'm not smart enough to get a grade like Bakugo or Iida.

"I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time," he informs.

"That's all," he says before closing the door, leaving us to do what we want as it's now lunchtime.

"I haven't studied at all!" Kaminari and Mina immediately yell.

"With the sports festival and internship, I didn't study at all!" He panics.

"It's true that we had one event after another, but..." Tokoyami trails off.

"For the midterms, we'd just started school, so they didn't cover much, so I didn't really have a hard time with them, but with the back-to-back events and stuff, the finals will be different..." Sato says.

That's true. I didn't do too bad when midterms came, either. Getting thirteenth out of the whole class while Himari got tenth. Due to her skills in hacking and programming, Himari's pretty good when it comes to math. So, I don't think she'll have too much to worry about when the final exams come.

"It'll be tough since there's a practical exam, too," Mineta says, subtly bragging about his midterm score. He got ninth, by some miracle.

"Ashido, Kaminari! L-lets do our best! We all want to go to the training camp together, right?" Midoriya says, hoping to instill a bit of confidence in the two.

"Yes! As class rep, I also have high hopes that you'll all be moved to action!" Iida agrees, doing his usual hand motions.

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class," Todoroki says, causing a snicker to escape me.

'When did he get so savage?'

"Be careful with your words!" Kaminari says, clutching a part of his shirt where his heart would be.

"You two, I may be able to be of assistance with the class lectures," Yaoyorozu says.

"Yao-momo!" They cheer excitedly.

"I can't help at all with the practical, though..." She mumbles.

As more and more people begin to ask Yaoyorozu for help, my mind wanders off into it's usual pit of overthinking.

'The exams are in a week, what am I gonna do? I'm almost certain I'll be fine in the practical, my physical abilites are great. But how smart am I? Whatever knowledge is in this empty head of mine, will it be enough to pass?'

'I don't wanna ask Yaoyorozu. She's still suspicious of me enough as it is. And the last thing I need is my bracelet accidentally beeping in front of people. Especially her. How would I explain that?'

'I can't ask Himari. She's probably going to ask for help as well, and she's got a higher chance of passing the written exam than I do, so that says something.'