Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Novalie Thursday, May 25th, 2023

Chapter 1: Novalie
Thursday, May 25th, 2023

You don't know how great it feels to be done with college. Four long years away from home, I wonder how much has changed since I left.

The plane ride from Paris to New York was long. Thankfully, I had first class, so it wasn't too exhausting. When I landed, I grabbed all of my luggage (which was a lot), and I went to find my parents' friend, Alex. Instead, I found a chauffer holding a sign with my name on it.

I walked over to the guy and smiled. Taking all my luggage, he led me to a limbo that was out front waiting. Talk about rolling out in style.

The ride was silent but quick. Soon, the huge mansion, which I grew up in, stood out in all its glory. Man, did I miss this place.

(This is the Gonzalez mansion

(This is the Gonzalez mansion.)

When the car stopped, I quickly jumped out. Running inside, I automatically went straight up into my room and jumped on the bed.

"Oh, I have missed you so much," I yelled into my pillows.

"Still an idiot," I heard a deep voice say from the doorway. Nakoa! I quickly shot up and jumped on my brother, causing both of us to fall on the floor. "Oww," he groaned.

"Shut up if I'm fine. You're fine," I chuckled.

"Of course you're fine! I broke your fall!" He complained.

"Shut up, you big baby, and hug me," I giggled as I wrapped my arms around him. He sighed and hugged me.... well, squeezed the life out of me.

Gasping for air, "Nakoa... I-I-I can't b-b-breathe."

"Sorry, I've just missed you, Nolie. Four years, I didn't have anyone to pick on." Letting go of his grip, I roll off Nakoa. "So what are you doing home so early? I thought you still had two months left?"