Chapter 8

Chapter 8: TristanFriday, May 26th, 2023

Chapter 8: Tristan
Friday, May 26th, 2023

With a bright red face, Novalie sat back down. Grabbing ahold of my hand that rested on her thigh. Everyone's eyes gazing over at us.

"Do you two need a private room?" Arrow jokingly said.

"No, we don't need a private room." I answered.

With their gaze still locked on us. Travis enters with three carts full of food. Dancing around, he drops off everyone's order in front of them. Then, lightning candles with a smile. "Enjoy!" He bows and leaves the room.

Silence filled the room as everyone started to eat. I could only hear the sound of chewing and my own mind humming.

I looked down at the bourbon in my hand. As my other hand still rests on Novalies thigh. My mind blank of thoughts.

I could feel Skylar staring. As she gets up and walks around the table to me. Whispering in my ear, "Whatever has you worried or in your thoughts. Block it out! You have Novalie and others worried. Even if we don't show it."

Leaving my side, she goes back to her chair. Nodding at what she said, I excused myself.

Heading to the bathroom, I splashed water on my face. Then, leaning against the counter. I grab my phone from my jacket pocket.

Reading through my messages. I noticed a text from an unknown number.

*Novalie looks gorgeous in her tight red dress. I can't wait to see what she looks like underneath. Have her beautiful bare skin against mine. Your time with her is gonna be cut short. I will get my beloved Novalie! She belongs to me!*

Anger builds as the bathroom door opens. "You in here, boss man?" I hear Jacob's voice say.

"I'll be out in a second." I answered.

Walking around the corner, Jacob looks at me. Seeing the anger in me, "What's wrong, boss man?" He asks.

"After lunch, I want us to split up. The gang who already bought gifts for Aura will take her. I booked a expecting mother's special massage. Novalie, Arrow, and Skylar will stay with me. I'll take them to go shopping for baby shower gifts. The rest of you can either go shopping on your own or go home and help set up. I also need this phone number tracked. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I still need it tracked."

"I'll get Cole to track the number after lunch. Now please, fake a smile and come join us."

Following Jacob, we walk back to the private room. Sitting back down next to Novalie. I smile, grabbing my bourbon for a drink.