Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Nakoa Friday, May 26th, 2023

Chapter 15: Nakoa
Friday, May 26th, 2023

Tristan: Hey Nakoa, it's Tristan. Thought I'd text you to let you know that your sister is awake. The doctor said her tests were all normal. She'll be released soon, so I need you to pick up Novalie, Aura, and the baby. Meet me at the airport. I had to leave real quick for a small important job.

Job? What job did he have to do? He already has Sergio locked up in his basement...

Whatever, Tristan's small job is not important. Novalie is awake and is doing great. That should be my main focus.

Loading my pick up with my belongings. I noticed my mother standing on the porch steps. With teary eyes, she smiles as I walk over to her.

"Awe mom... don't cry. I know it's hard, and the house will be so quiet without Novalie and me. However, Novalie needs more protection. So it's best if I leave to protect her." Wrapping her up in a tight hug. "I love you, mom! I promise once we're back from vacation. We'll visit you, now I have to go. Novalie is being released from the hospital."

With a quick kiss upon my mother's cheek. I leave her alone on the porch. Teary eyed as she waved goodbye.

My heart broke, I never seen my mom so hurt. However, I really can't blame her. So much has happened in just a little bit of time.

Her only daughter was sold to the most dangerous man alive. Her daughter's best friend was kidnapped. Novalie was then hurt in an attempt to save her friend. Now, her son is leaving to protect his baby sister.

With my mind, all jumbled. I pull over to fill my tank. Inside, there was a sweet old lady selling flowers. Walking over, I noticed she had two flowers left. A blood red rose and a sunflower.

"How much for your last two flowers?" I asked with a smile.

"Five dollars for both." The lady coughed. "Sorry, sir, I didn't mean to cough on you. I'm very ill, and I'm trying to raise money for my treatment."

"It's no worries, ma'm." I replied as I handed her five hundred dollars.

"Sir, you handed me way too much money. It's only five dollars." She said as her hand shook to hand me back the money.

"Keep it. You need it more than I do." I smiled.

She starts crying, "Thank you, sir!"

Handing me the two flowers. I turn to see a gorgeous young lady behind me smiling.

"That was very sweet of you, sir. I've known Julie for years. She used to babysit me. She has no family. Her kids all moved out at eighteen and have never visited. Was diagnosed with breast cancer six months ago. She's been selling flowers and cookies she baked by hand. Trying to make enough for treatment. Your donation really helps, so thank you, sir."