Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Novalie Thursday, May 25th, 2023

Chapter 3: Novalie
Thursday, May 25th, 2023

"What do you mean you sold me?" I asked.

"I sold you," he repeated.

"To who??" I yelled.

Looking over, "Tristan Stone," he groaned.

Looking over at Tristan, his muscles body. His body is covered in tattoos. His deep blue eyes looked deep into mine as he shook my hand earlier.

Looking back at my father with teary green eyes. "I'm not mad, but why did you sell me to Tristan?"

"I didn't have a choice, princess. My options were to let him kill me or give him you. Luckily, he bought you for
15 million. But you have to move in with him... today."

"Today... I just got here," I argued. "Not to mention I just met him!"

"Now Novalie," he began, "Promise me you won't get mad."

"I'm already getting mad," I huffed.

"Fair enough," he sighed. "Now princess, my corporation Gonzalez Industry isn't really what it seems."

"What do you mean?" I asked as Nakoa walked over to stand beside dad.

"Gonzalez Industry doesn't invest in stocks," he sighed. "We're a drug business. A gang as a matter of fact."

"What?" I began, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, Nolie, dad's serious." Nakoa butted in. I stayed silent as I processed all of this information.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I raged.

"I wanted to protect you," Dad replied. "You had such a positive outlook on life. I wanted you to have that happiness instead of looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life."

"Why did you tell Nakoa then?" I fumed. I can't believe they kept this from me my whole life.

"Well, when Nakoa was 17. He was already in a gang." Dad sighed.

"I didn't know dad was in a gang until I made my first drug deal with his gang," Nakoa admitted.

"Okay," I sighed, finally letting everything sink in.

"I promise Novalie, I was only doing it to protect you." Dad assured.

"I understand that," I breathed, "But why did you sell me to him?"