Chapter 10

Chapter 10: TristanFriday, May 26th, 2023

Chapter 10: Tristan
Friday, May 26th, 2023

Laying Alexis down on a hospital cot. I immediately grab scissors to cut her pants.

Being able to fully see her wound. I start yelling, "Somebody get Raven!"

Looking down at Alexis, "I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to give you anesthesia. Raven is going to have to cut into your leg to retrieve the bullet."

"I understand. Just hold my hand when you give me the shot." She replied as she closed her eyes and looked away from me.

Preparing all the medical tools and getting a needle ready with anesthesia. Raven walks in, quickly grabbing scrubs and putting them on over her clothes. She turns to examine Alexis's leg.

"I got good and bad news. Good news, I don't need to amputate your leg. Sadly, I do have to cut into your leg. The bullet looks to be stuck in some bone." Grabbing the needle from the tray I prepared. "Hold her arm still, Tristan."

Feeling her body tense up. Alexis still had her eyes closed as she pushed closer to me. "Alright, we'll give it fifteen minutes before she's fully out. Tristan, I'm going to need you to leave. I have to change Alexis into something more surgery appropriate."

Nodding as I understood, I left the hospital wing to find Cole. Rambling with my brain, I walk across the house to my office.

Opening the door, I see Cole taping away at the computer keys. "Please tell me you have something!" I managed to say as I walked over to the liquor counter. Pouring me a glass of bourbon, my head hung a little low.

"I've been trying to track Sergio's location. However, he keeps bouncing around. It's gonna be hours before we find him. By then... who knows if Aura will still be okay." Cole said while keeping his eyes locked on the computer.

"He wouldn't dare hurt Aura. Not while she's pregnant." Taking a sip of bourbon, "What we need to worry about is if she goes into labor while he's keeping her captive."

"She's only thirty-five weeks." Cole said as he looked up for just a second.

"I know, but with the stress, she's in right now. Because she was kidnapped by Sergio. It could trigger her body into early labor."

Before anything else could be said. Arrow popped her head through the door. "Sorry to interrupt, I was just coming in to let you know that Stephen is here. He's waiting in the living room."