[Where It All Started] DOORS

Sebastian has been continuing his life in this hotel for a long matter of time now. Everyday's the literal same. Ever since his father killed his mother and was arrested, the only thing that reminds him of his old life is this pitch black jacket that his mother gave him in that stormy, cold, terrifying night - which he still carries along with him, even if he can't fit in it anymore.

He came here very long ago, he can't remember when. But even though there's nobody in this hotel that he can talk to and waste time with -alongside his adopted son, Sean- still, Sebastian wastes his time by focusing on writing and running, and sometimes visiting the fancy library to spend his whole day there, reading books.

On the other hand, we have Fredric; a pure soul that'd do anything for his family and books. He's been continuing his life in this hotel as well - ever since he lost his family and the color of his beautiful light green eyes in an unfortunate car accident. Wasting hours in the library, busy just reading books. It's like he devoted his life to reading.

Basically, his pitiful life now depends on books. If he lost the ability to read, his life would end for him. But only if a new person came to his life, maybe that one person could be the other thing that Fredric's life depends on.

********************

"Sir, wake up!" Sean got on top of Sebastian -who was sleeping in bed- and shook his step father's shoulders until he was awake. As Sebastian opened his eyes -or at least his one eye that wasn't under the eyepatch- and looked around while squinting them, Sean who was still on top of him, got scared and jumped down quickly. He crossed his arms behind his back and looked away, embarrassed.

"Um, I'm sorry sir! I just really had to wake you up." Sean murmured with such an ashamed tone.

Sebastian smiled as he still sat on the bed, his face went from surprised to a more friendly expression. "It's fine Sean. But please don't call me 'sir' anymore." Sebastian said. "Call me dad."

Sean's eyes started watering up hearing the word 'dad'. His life before he came to The Hotel flashed in front of his eyes. Sean cussed at himself from inside for being this weak and shook his head fastly to free himself from his thoughts.

"Yes," Sean hesitated for a moment. The past was in the past, and was always going to stay in the past, wasn't it? It surely wouldn't hurt to start a new page in life. He sighed and said the word he hasn't said in a while. "dad."

Sebastian smiled warmly, knowing he had Sean's trust. "Now, what was the important reason that you woke me up because of?" He said.

Sean looked at space blankly. "Uhh... Nothing really."

Sebastian raised one eyebrow and then shrugged to his son's answer.

"Next time please don't wake me up if there's no reason for you to." Sebastian then got up and wore his large, comfiest sweater over his white shirt and wore his backpack on one shoulder. Sean realising his step father was getting ready to go out, stuttered.

"W-Wait! Are you going somewhere?" Sebastian placed his right hand on the door handle and turned his head around slightly to face Sean.

"Yes."

"Where?"

Sebastian stood and waited for a moment. Yes, where exactly was he going?

He made something up, and ended up deciding to actually go there. "I am going to the library. I decided to start the day off with reading some books. Y'know they got good music there." He laughed softly. "I mean I don't even know why they play music in the library, but the music somehow still fits the ambient though."