Chapter 11

[Haley & Aurelia]
"It went okay." Haley looks at the camera.

"Oh, who am I kidding? It went great." Haley adds on, her voice near a squeal.

"We're now out to everyone- okay, almost everyone we know." Aurelia says.

"And we feel like should know." Haley emphasised.

Aurelia nods firmly, "Right."

"I'm just happy I don't have to only hold your hand under the table or stop myself from kissing you."

"Aw, isn't that cute?"

"Are you being sarcastic, Ray?" Haley gasps dramatically, "Oh, and did I mention I passed my driver's test?"

——

"You're going to Hawaii?" Aurelia asks. "We are." Claire answers, gesturing to all of them, "I talked to your Mom, she said she'd be out of town for work then. And you guys are on school break, so...y'know." "She won't be out of town the whole break though. Ohhh, that's the surprise she was talking about. Damn."

"I know, she'll join us after she's done there."

"Okay." Aurelia slowly nodded, "Fun."

"Yeah?" Phil chimed in, excited.

"Oh, you bet. I'll go home and start packing."

"We'll see you and your Mom at Jay's for dinner later, Ray." Phil remembers.

"Yep!" Aurelia confirms, "See you guys in a bit."

Usually, Aurelia was the only one joining their weekly dinners at Jay's, but sometimes, her Mom joins them in the fun— when her work schedule allows it, that is.

"Haley, door open!" Phil reminded when they both heard the door close from the living room.

"You know Alex is in there too, right? Aurelia isn't here." Claire smacks him playfully.

"They're talking on the phone." Phil chuckles, grabbing the TV remote.

════ ════

"Heya, bud." Since Luke was the first to enter his house he got greeted first.

"Hi, beautiful." Jay waves at Alex, then at Haley, "Hey, honey."

"Aurelia, get in here." Jay notices her next.

"Hi, Jay." She smiled politely.

Haley swiftly pulls her away to the fridge to get a drink. "I'm nervous." Aurelia admits. "Me too, a little." Haley takes a deep breath and opened the fridge door. She hands a pink lemonade Snapple to Aurelia then a can of Sprite for herself. "Thanks." Aurelia smiled softly, "We have to do it."

"It'll be a relief, for sure." Haley opens up the can and took a swig, shutting the fridge door simultaneously.

"Hola." Gloria says, startling the pair.

"Hey, Gloria." Haley clears her throat, "You heard?"

"No, you two are just taking a long time to shut the door." Gloria shrugs, "What are you talking about?"