Part 2

The Next Day...

"Something doesn't feel right." Ambrosius contemplated. Everything should be fine. The man he loves isn't a murderer. The Director is being punished for her crimes, and Ambrosius...was crowned the new king just an hour ago. Ballister had to know by now. So, why hasn't he appeared? Was he still that mad at him that he'd rather hide out? It occurred to Ambrosius that he'd been wrong about the kid that Ballister was with. Ballister really thought that he believed that he was a murderer. Of course, he had...at one point. Before Ballister gave him the proof. He felt so stupid. He knew Ballister better than that. All of the sudden, Todd burst in, dragging a very disheveled-looking Squire in front of him.

"Your Majesty, we've located the Squire. He appears to have escaped from Ballister." Todd stated. The Squire yanked his arm away from him.

"I tried to tell you a thousand times that I didn't escape, dimwitt! Ballister and that 'sidekick' of his let me go once they had the proof of the Director's involvement in the death of the Queen." The Squire explained.

Ambrosius nodded. "Thank you, Todd. Please, let us have a word in private." Todd bowed and left, closing the doors on his way out. The Squire breathed a sigh of relief. He tensed when Ambrosius spoke again. "So, you say that Ballister let you go?"

Squire nodded. "Affirmative, Your Majesty. Congratulations, by the way."

"Thank you. What of this 'sidekick' that you mentioned?" Ambrosius inquires.

Squire shrugs. "I have no idea how that came to be, Your Majesty. All I know is that she was there, the red-headed kid. I don't know what sort of deal that Ballister struck with her, but they seemed close. Before they opened the trunk that I was stuffed in, I overheard them bonding and talking about shape-shifting for some strange reason. They didn't go into detail. After I gave them my phone, Ballister told her to let me go and she listened."

"Thank you. You are dismissed. Also, here is your phone." Ambrosius passed the phone back to him. He hugged it and ran out.

The doors closed, cutting this lonely office off once again.