Part 21

"Wysession wants a meeting, Escobar is on the run." Peña came into Barlowe's office "Shit." she spoke before she followed Peña "If Gaviria'd let us put US boots on the ground, we would've caught the son of a bitch in five minutes." Wysession yelled as Peña and Barlowe walked in "Wouldn't be too sure about that, Escobar is way smarter than he looks." Murphy replied "We picked up a signal in the woods surrounding the target area." a man over the radio said. The agents then heard Escobar's voice. "We got new Escobar coordinates." the man continued "Smart than he looks, huh?" Wysession said, snarkily "I wouldn't count your chickens just yet." Murphy spoke. Peña then walked over to the radio and began talking to Carillo. "Shit!" He yelled as he stood up "What?" everyone asked in unison "He tied the fucking walkie-talkie to a donkey." Peña said and Murphy and Barlowe looked at each other, discouraged. "Go home, everyone." Wysession spoke and the agents all left.

Both Steve and Vanessa walked in the door where Connie was taking care of the baby "He got away." Steve said. "Again." Vanessa said quietly. "You hear what I said?" he asked Connie "Yeah, I'm a little preoccupied, Steve." she replied as she walked into the living room with the baby. "I think she's got colic." Connie said and Vanessa sighed "What is that?" Steve sighed "It means she can't sleep and neither can I." Connie replied "No, it means there's something wrong with what you're feeding her. What exactly are you feeding her?" Vanessa questioned "Whatever, Vanessa." Connie sighed "Did you call the orphanages?" Steve asked "You think I could explain the situation is English, let alone Spanish?" Connie snapped at Steve "I still don't understand why you brought her back here." she shook her head "We brought her back here because if we would've just left her there, someone would either kill her, or she'd die of starvation." Vanessa raised her voice "Let's just take her to a hospital." Steve suggested, out of options "No, Steve, we cannot just take her to a hospital. It's not like a puppy shelter." Connie said "Look, I know you two are busy, but we need to figure out what to do with her." Connie told Steve and Vanessa "There is a war going on, Connie." Steve said "You said it was only going to be for a couple of days. It's already been a week. What are we doing here?" Connie continued asking "Is that my t-shirt?" Steve asked as he looked at the baby "We're out of diapers." Connie told him "Why don't you get some more before she shits through your whole closet." Connie nearly shouted and Steve just sipped his drink.

"Well!" Vanessa said with a fake smile on her face "I will go get you some diapers so you quit complaining, and then I will be at the office so I can get a few hours of sleep." Vanessa said before she went to a store picked up some diapers, dropped them off at the house, and went to the office. She woke up the next day to the sound of banging on her door. "What?" she asked, in a tired voice "Vanessa?" Peña said with a sense of urgency. She stood up at went to the door, opening it and letting Peña inside. "What's going on? Do we have another location on Escobar?" she questioned "No." he replied and she looked at him, confused "Then why are you freaking out?" she questioned "I'm not." he shrugged his shoulders. "I just wanted to see you." he said and Vanessa smiled "You could've just said that to begin with." she chuckled "You getting any sleep with that baby in the house?" Javier asked "Why do you think I'm here so early everyday? I come here to sleep." she told him "You could come to my place, you've seen how big the bed is." he said "I'm just worried about Steve." Vanessa sat down in her chair "What's going on with him?" he asked "Ever since he brought the baby home, Connie has been acting even more bitchy than usual, Steve isn't acting like himself and it's probably because of that." Vanessa explained "There's not really anything we can do." Javi told her and she nodded "I mean there is something we could do." he spoke as he looked at her. She then crossed her arms and gave a disapproving look. "What?" he chuckled "In the office?" she questioned "Yeah, why not." he shrugged his shoulders with a smile. 

"C'mon...it'll be fun." he told her before leaning in and placing his lips on hers. She wrapped her arms around him as he lifted her out of the chair and placed her against the wall. They continued kissing, getting more entangled with each other by the second until they were interrupted by the door swinging open. "Jesus!" Vanessa yelled as she put her feet on the floor and detached from Javier. When Vanessa looked over, she saw Steve standing in the door. "Oh my god." she whispered to herself with her face in her hands "What the hell?" Steve spoke as Javier cleared his throat.