Part 17

"Go home." Wysession told them and both Steve and Vanessa got back in the car and headed to the office. "Good fucking work." Steve told Vanessa as they walked inside "Not too bad yourself, clever work Murphy." she told him as they walked into his office "I hope Peña's doing okay." she spoke softly "You're such a sucker." Steve chuckled and shook his head before the phone rang "Hello?" he answered and sat in his chair. "Okay, yes. You got her to the orphanage. Good." he said and Vanessa smiled. "Now we don't have to focus on Connie, we can focus on Gaviria. Let's go." Barlowe said and Steve nodded. They had to drive to the office Gaviria was located in, they needed to make sure he survived past election day. The only thing more dangerous than being a Columbian cop was being a presidential candidate. Both Murphy and Barlowe went through an inspection and then went to his office. "You must be Agent Murphy...and Agent Barlowe." Gaviria's head of security said as he shook hands with the agents. "What can we do for you?" he asked Barlowe "We are hoping that our agency can offer some resources to Mr. Gaviria and your campaign." Barlowe explained. "Shouldn't the DEA be out tracing traffickers or is just my thought?" the man asked in slightly broken English. "I think the two coincide." Murphy chuckled "Agent Barlowe, Agent Murphy." Gaviria spoke as he walked out. 

"Pleasure, sir." Barlowe spoke as she shook hands with Gaviria and walked inside "Pleasure is mine." Gaviria replied. "Please have a seat." Gaviria said as Vanessa's pager began beeping. "Oh--uh excuse me for a moment." she spoke as she stood up "Is there a phone I can use outside of this room?" Vanessa asked the security guard and he led her to a phone where she dialed the number. "This is Julie, how can I help you?" Vanessa spoke. Code name. "Are you fucking crazy?" Peña spoke on the line "What are you talking about?" Vanessa asked "The shit you pulled with Murphy?!" Peña yelled into the phone "Elisa is safe. Isn't that what matters to you since she's so important to you?" Vanessa spoke louder "Obviously you don't appreciate the fact we put our lives on the line for some girl you decided to fuck and then get us all involved!" Vanessa yelled and people in the office looked at her "Sorry." she apologized to them. She sighed and nearly hung up the phone just as Peña began speaking. "I am coming to pick you up." he told her "You are in Cartagena don't you dare come down here, I already told the ambassador I am staying here." Vanessa told Peña "This isn't your choice to make." he told her "Don't you dare. I swear to god I will go into hiding. You stay where you are and come back alive." she told him and hung up the phone. Murphy then walked out of Gaviria's office. "What's wrong?" he asked

"What?" she quickly replied "What happened?" Murphy asked "Peña is apparently on his way down here to bring me to Cartagena." she fake smiled and nodded "What?!" Murphy nearly yelled "Told me that this isn't my choice to make, apparently." she told Murphy. "I think he's bluffing. It's an hour to two hours to get here, that's about two hours they don't have to waste." Barlowe said and Steve nodded. "Let's just get out of here." Steve said as they walked out. A few hours later, Vanessa nervously sat in her office awaiting the call "Peña is here to pick you up, go to Cartagena with him". "Yo!" Steve opened the door "Jesus Christ!" Vanessa jumped "Gotta find information." he told her "From who?" she asked "Suárez." Murphy said and Barlowe paused. "You're kidding. Right?" she asked and he shook his head "For fuck's sake." she shook her head and stood up, following Murphy out to his car where he drove them to Suárez's location. "Hola, Suárez." Murphy said as he walked in. "Look who's here. The Golden Gringos." Suárez spoke in Spanish to his friend. In her spare time, Vanessa had been developing some knowledge of how to speak Spanish, and so had Murphy. "You don't call, you don't write." Murphy began "We called your office." Barlowe finished in Spanish "I only speak to Peña." Suárez replied in Spanish and Barlowe shook her head. 

"I need to know who this is." Murphy said in English as he pulled out a picture and showed it to Suárez. "I need to know who he is." Murphy said in Spanish and Suárez began mocking him. "Don't make me laugh." Suárez said and Barlowe stepped closer as she picked the picture off of the ground while Suárez continued mocking Murphy. She looked at Suárez before grabbing him by the collar and throwing him to the ground. Everyone around them either looked over or jumped to their feet. Both Barlowe and Murphy pulled out their pistols. "Get the fuck back! The fuck back." Barlowe said as she aimed her pistol at the man who had been sitting across from Suárez. "You work for me, asshole." Barlowe spoke in Spanish as she placed her gun in Suárez's mouth. "Right? Clear? Is that clear?" she continued in Spanish as Suárez struggled. "You know who he is? Gonna tell him? You gonna speak? Yeah..." Barlowe yelled in English over Suárez's attempts to get her to back off. 

Suárez knew exactly who this guy was, and he wasn't the only one.

Suárez collected himself and told Murphy before quietly cursing Vanessa out in Spanish "I know what you're saying, dickhead." she turned around as they walked away. "Gonna take it to the ambassador?" Barlowe asked Murphy "Wysession is trying to fuck us." Murphy shook his head as they got into the car and drove to their building "That's what he's been doing this entire time." Barlowe replied. They arrived at the building and walked into the ambassador's office. "Jesus Christ." Wysession turned around as Barlowe and Murphy walked in "Next time you wanna fuck somebody, take 'em on a date." Barlowe said to Wysession as her and Murphy walked up to the ambassador.