15 - NOW IT'S OVER

"Cash~" Nobita squeaked out.

"Listen to me, okay?" He continued.

Cash just kept his quiet, eagerly waiting for what he had to say to him in a situation like this.

"You don't have to do this. Just... Let her go. Let Shizuka go. She had nothing to do with this. With us."

"So didn't my babies." Cash croaked out loudly, pulling up his gun, "My priceless creations. You destroyed everything even though they had nothing to do with us."

Nobita flinched on seeing the weapon, especially when Shizuka was in his grasp, and tried to pick and choose every word he uttered with caution.

"That was different, Cash. You were harassing and using poor animals and experimenting on them. That was a ruthless and wrong thing to do." His voice was persuasive, instead of plain angry.

"Nonetheless, it was my dream. Regardless of whether it was wrong or not, it was my dream. And you trampled on it like it had no value."

Nobita did not say anything to that. He just kept his quiet and listened.

"And this brat right here, is your dream." Cash played with the gun in his right hand, giving a tight squeeze on Shizuka's arm with his left. The girl winced in pain. "So what do you expect me to do to you after what you did to me, huh?"

"Let her go Cash. Please. I'm begging you. Please let her go." Tears began to well up in Nobita's eyes.

"Nobita~" Shizuka mumbled sadly. Her eyes growing moist too. It pained her to see the love of her life hurting.

Right then, everyone else gathered around one after the other. First came Suneo, then came Gian and then followed by Kiyoshi.

Suneo had managed to give the guards a slip. Kiyoshi's wound had stopped bleeding although, he was still wobbly on his feet, barely standing up straight. On the other hand, Gian was all bruised up but the fact that he was there was proof enough that he had managed to get out of Khae's clutches.

The scene in front of them was confusing at first but then, it made sense and they realised the horrors of the situation they were in.

Shizuka was with a sadistic psycho with a personal deep rooted grudge against us, and a gun in his hand.

It was bad. Very bad.
One wrong move.
One wrong word.
And it was all over.

"This is between us. So, let us solve it between us. Please, let her go and show me that you are better than me."

"Nobita, don't say that." Shizuka cried out in a solemn note.

Cash giggled, "But I am not better than you, boy. I am not."

"Yes!" Nobita chimed out. "I'll help you escape."

Cash's eyes shot open in intrigue.

"WHAT??!" All of his friends gasped out from behind him but Nobita was hardly listening to any of them.

His focus was completely on getting Shizuka away from him.

He saw the slight shift in Cash's expression and decided that the plan was working.

"Yes. I'll help you disappear, Cash. Even after what you did, you don't have to suffer any punishment or sentence. I'll help you get off the grid. Time patrol will never find you. I promise. I can do that, Cash."

"Are you being serious right now?" Cash questioned Nobita, raising an eyebrow.

"No. I won't let you become accessory to a criminal like him just to save my own ass, Nobita. Absolutely not." Shizuka sneered angrily.