Chapter five

Chapter five

A week passed since the two of them had a talk and Avika tried to behave somewhat civil towards her husband. And she had been. Well, according to her of course. She has stopped wearing sarees for her own sake because the other time she tried again to wear one by herself she nearly ended up killing herself by tripping and landing straight on her face, only that she was saved by the bed as it wasn't the floor that met her face. Lucky her.

She stopped trying after that telling herself that she'll practice when she is free and not in the morning when she has to do ten other things. Parul had left for grocery shopping asking Avika to take care of the breakfast.

"Your coffee and your tea." Avika placed the cups on the table and grabbed her cup as she sat down.

Kiaan nodded, "Thank you." His eyes went on Yug who grinned at his cup and started sipping his coffee and pulled the plate filled with snacks closer to him. Bhukkad kahi ka.

(I don't know the English version of this, lol. 'Foodie' does not come close to the insult Kiaan threw at Yug.)

"So, what are you planning to do after you are done with college? Have you decided if you are going into litigation or corporate?" Kiaan asked as his brother stuffed his face with the last bite of aloo paratha. He quickly snatched his plate when the voracious eater tried to take his away and glared at him.

Yug made a face at him and grabbed the bowl filled with chips, poking his tongue at his brother. As Avika snorted, he grinned at her before going back to the task at hand.

Kiaan rolled his eyes but sneaked a glance at his wife who seemed to be enjoying the scene. A small smirk formed on his face before he turned to his annoying brother again.

"You didn't answer my question."

Yug shrugged, wiping his mouth, "I have applied for my internship at another firm which is into both corporate and litigation. And unlike my first internship, I think I am going to like it here. I'm bent more towards litigation because you know I love arguing." He winked and Avika just listened as the two talked.

She felt somewhat guilty for sitting at home and not doing anything for herself. Well, she was looking after her family but what was she doing for herself? What about the degree she has achieved and is lying around somewhere?

Kiaan noticed her lost in her thoughts and wondered what she was thinking. Sometimes he wished he could read her mind to know what goes inside her pretty head.

"Avika?" He called out and she snapped out of her trance. "Aap thik hai?" He had a concerned look on his face. Yug looked at the two staring at each other and smiled slyly, "Aankhon aankhon mein hum tum ho gaye deewane..." He sang and then snorted as he watched Kiaan balled his fist on the table.

(Are you okay?)

"Nikal yaha se warna teri aankhein nahi rahegi." Kiaan threatened and the next moment Yug sprang up and ran as he yelled, "You cannot threaten me. I will send you a notice."

(Get lost before you lose your eyes.)

Kiaan shook his head and muttered under his breath 'Lawyer bana nahi tabhi itna udd raha hai. Pata nahi banega tab kya hoga.' He heaved a sigh and looked at Avika who was silently watching them fight.

(He is boasting so much when he's yet to be a lawyer. What will happen when he'll become one?)

"Aap dono hamesha ladte rehte hai?" She asked and he detected a small smile on her face which quickly vanished as she noticed him watching.