Chapter eight

Chapter eight

Avika stayed close to Kiaan as they walked towards his cabin. The people around were staring at her like they had never seen before. She did come here once before then why were they staring at her right now? Only because she was walking with her husband and their boss?

At one point during the walk, she almost held his arm but stopped herself in time and instead nudged closer to him to feel less nervous.

A sigh of relief left her mouth as they entered his cabin, away from the prying eyes. She walked towards the couch on the left but before she could sit, she heard her husband, "Don't sit there." His voice was rushed and she frowned at his behaviour.

"I mean," He cleared his throat as his eyes darted somewhere else. "You can sit on my chair." She followed his gaze and stared at the empty chair for a few good seconds. It wasn't a big deal but then where was he going to sit if she sat there?

When she didn't reply for long, she felt a slight shift in the air. Was it disappointment that she felt in the air around her? She looked at Kiaan and found his lips puckered slightly, his brows furrowed and he seemed to be sulking by himself. It was amusing and he looked adorable in that moment so she took her phone out and clicked a picture. The camera shutter made a sound and she cursed herself for not putting her phone on silent because the sound caused Kiaan to look at her with a startling speed.

His eyes landed on the phone in her hand and they narrowed at the device before they trailed up to meet hers. "Aap ne abhi meri photo khichi?" He lowered his voice as he asked her and she felt a shiver run down her spine at his tone.

(Did you click my photo just now?)

"Na-nahi?" Avika answered as she took a step back.

(No?)

Kiaan took a step forward, as he raised his left eyebrow, "Give me your phone then," he forwarded his left palm.

She gave him an offended look as she held the phone to her chest, "Why should I give you, my phone? It's called invading my privacy!" She protested weakly as he kept charging towards her slowly.

"Dekhiye, hum yaha baat karne aaye hain," She checked where she could run to before looking back at him. "Aap yeh sab kya lekar baith gaye?"

(Look, we have come here to talk) (Why are you bothering with all this?)

"Haan toh maine kab mana kiya? Baat karte hai. Maine aapse kaha ki aap meri chair par baith jaiye uske baad aapne meri photo mujhse bina pooche khichi. Ab main aapse keh raha hu woh photo dikhaiye aur hum aaram se baat karte hai." All the while he explained all this Avika only looked for ways to run away without getting caught.

(Yes, when did I deny? Let's talk. I asked you to sit on my chair and you took my picture without asking my permission. So now, I am telling you to show me the picture and then we can talk comfortably.)

When he came too close, she let out a small shriek and took off in whichever direction she could, Kiaan following closely behind.

"Aap mere piche kyu bhaag rahe hai?"

(Why are you running behind me?)

"Aap bhaag kyu rahi hai?"

(Why are you running?)

"Kyunki aap mere piche bhaag rahe hai!"

(Because you are running behind me!)

After they ran in circles around his desk, Avika grew tired and ended up sitting on his chair, gasping for breath.