Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

Things were going well and Avika had certainly forgotten all about her father's harsh words. She was taking efforts in her relationship and it brought changes in everything around her, she noticed. Parul certainly had noticed her changing attitude and she had only warmly patted her cheek with a serene smile plastered on her face. No words were exchanged yet Avika knew what she was conveying to her and she understood.

Yug, well he was an altogether different story. The boy was relentless in his teasing and Avika just knew that the boy was not going to listen to anybody and that controlling him was a difficult task. But all that apart, she was glad to have found a younger brother in him rather than just a brother-in-law.

Lastly, her husband, Kiaan, who had openly started showing her how ecstatic he had been since she started taking efforts for them. Apparently, he made more deals with her, like, he changed their three-hugs-a-day-deal to unlimited hugs for lifetime, which she didn't quite oppose because needless to say, she loved their hugs as much as he did. A new deal which had been added was that they had to sleep in each other's arms every single night and no excuses would be allowed. Avika had rolled her eyes and joked about what would he do when they would be apart to which he had replied with a serious face saying, "I won't even allow you to separate us."

It had momentarily stunned her into silence before the topic changed to something about flowers and books.

Another thing, which drove her emotions wild, was the way he addressed her with endearments. It started out of the blue and nearly made her pop her eyes out the first time he called her by the name and he said it so nonchalantly that it made her question her own sanity. Did she hear him right? Did he really call her that? Was she hearing things? All those questions popped in her head and in the end, she just brushed it aside blaming it on her mind for hearing things.

It was a regular morning and she was getting ready when Kiaan had walked out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel around his waist which she ignored because it had become a regular occurrence and even a tiny peek would make her all flustered. So, she decided not to look at him at all until he was fully clothed but of course how could he leave her alone without watching her suffer?

"Avika," She rolled her eyes.

"Avikaji?" She cringed while looking for her moisturizer but was sure he noticed it in the mirror.

"Patni?" A tiny uplift of her lips.

(Wife?)

"Meri patni?" She pursed her lips to stop the grin.

(My wife?)

"Okay, fine, I give up." He sighed and she could practically feel the roll of his eyes even though she wasn't looking. She then heard him rummaging through his clothes and continued applying the lipstick.

"Suniye," she glanced at his back and he was still looking through his clothes. She hummed in response. "Aapne meri blue shirt dekhi hai?" he asked and she nodded. "Neeche ke shelf par rakhi hai. Aapke black kurte ke peeche." She informed and a minute later he found his shirt.

(Listen) (Have you seen my blue shirt?) (It's on the lower shelf. Behind your black kurta)

"Found it!" He cheered and she smiled looking down. Silence prevailed in the room until she heard his footsteps coming closer, so she peeked at him and to her relief he was fully dressed. She watched as he bent down and whispered, "thank you, my love," in her ear and then proceeded to press a kiss there making her eyes nearly pop out of her sockets.