Chapter thirteen

Recap

Avika and Kiaan are tied in an arranged marriage where she struggles to perform her new duties in her new house. Meanwhile, her interactions with her husband, Kiaan, remain distant. A lunch delivery to Kiaan's office leads to an unexpected invitation for Avika to share a meal, creating further unease and prompting her to strategize her avoidance.

Avika, wary of her husband Kiaan's intentions, navigates through awkward interactions and attempts to avoid closer intimacy. Despite their distant relationship, Avika finds herself flustered by accidental touches. The morning after an unexpected close encounter, she attempts to maintain a semblance of normalcy while preparing for a day with Kiaan at home on a Sunday.

Kiaan faces family tension when his uncle and aunt visit, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. Avika confronts his uncle's disrespectful behaviour and Parul, Kiaan's mother, defends her son and daughter-in-law. Tensions rise, leading to an argument between Kiaan and his uncle. After their departure, Parul is upset, and Avika struggles with guilt. The situation strains Avika and Kiaan's relationship, and they confront each other privately, with Kiaan wanting to discuss their marriage. Avika is apprehensive, fearing his anger, and the chapter ends with unresolved tension between them.

Avika and Kiaan have a crucial conversation in his room. Kiaan directly asks Avika if she's happy with their arranged marriage, leading to a revelation that she never wanted an arranged marriage and desired to marry someone she loves. Kiaan is hurt by this revelation but remains composed. Avika explains that she agreed to the marriage because it was her mother's wish. The discussion reveals misunderstandings, fears, and a lack of communication between them. Kiaan expresses his commitment to making the marriage work, assuring Avika that he won't force anything on her. In the end, Avika hesitantly calls Kiaan back, showing a willingness to give their relationship a chance.

Avika, after a week of somewhat civil behaviour towards Kiaan, experiences a change in their dynamics. A light moment ensues, showcasing the sibling banter between Kiaan and Yug. Despite Avika's efforts to maintain distance, Kiaan continues to apologize for various things. Avika receives a call from her mother, revealing a distressing situation at home. She rushes to her mother's aid, finding her emotionally distraught. Avika offers support and promises to stand by her mother's decisions, hinting at a possible shift in the dynamics of their family. She decides to stay overnight at her maternal home, notifying Kiaan, who responds with concern and a subtle eagerness for her return the next day.

Kiaan reflects on his past struggles when he took on a part-time job to support his family after his father's demise, and the sacrifices he made for his mother and younger brother, Yug. Avika, after a disagreement with her mother, decides to stay at her maternal home for the night. Kiaan, feeling the void in his empty room, calls Avika late at night to express his longing for her. Meanwhile, at Avika's maternal home, tensions rise as Avika's mother confronts her father about wanting a divorce, but he refuses to let her go. Avika contemplates seeking legal advice, considering asking her husband Kiaan or her brother Yug for help. The chapter ends with Avika's mother determined to fight for her happiness despite the challenges ahead.

Kiaan surprises Avika by visiting her parents unannounced. He shares a casual moment with Avika's mother, Ishika, and notices the tension between Avika and her father. Avika is reluctant but eventually agrees to leave with Kiaan. Before departing, Kiaan expresses heartfelt sentiments to Ishika, promising to visit and assuring her of his support. Avika is moved and silently cries. In the car, Kiaan secures Avika's seatbelt, and she expresses gratitude. However, she eventually admits needing his help, leaving Kiaan intrigued and ready to assist.

Avika visits Kiaan at his office, and their interaction leads to a playful chase. Later, she seeks his help in finding a good advocate for her mother's divorce. The revelation momentarily worries Kiaan, but he assures her he'll find the best advocate. As the day progresses, Avika feels a growing connection with Kiaan, and they share an intimate moment when she hugs him willingly. Yug, Kiaan's brother, teases them about their closeness, adding a humorous touch to the situation. They share a sweet moment before going to bed, with their hands entwined, signifying a deepening bond between them.