Chapter Twenty-three

Angel's POV

Once we got out of the corridor step out in the open space . " Lucas , I'm starting to think you are planning to kill me " I joke , but deep down I feel my insides churn .

He chuckles ," no , I'm not . We are going to the warehouse ." I snap out of my trance to look at him " warehouse? What about the gym ? Why do you have a warehouse ?" I ask all at once .

What is going on ?

There is a black jeep waiting for us . Lucas opens the door for me to climb in and we follows after . Inside the car they are two men , one in the passenger seat the other in driver seat .

" I have a warehouse because that is where all the purchases are kept . After the  factory they are kept here and the gym is in there too " Lucas explains . " Why didn't we come straight here then ? instead of going to Cargo trade? " This whole thing is confusing .

" From Cargo trade it's a shortcut . Since we moved , the warehouse is now far away , five hour drive . And to make it short we go through there ," 
The workers at Cargo trade thinks it's a safe room , which it is , but it also leads to the warehouse. "

The car stops infront of a three storey house . The colour of the bricks are worn out , cracks are all over it making it look like it's going to fall apart soon . We step out of the car and he leads me to it the guards sees him and opens the door .

The inside is what suprise me the most , It didn't look worn out at all . We walk in through a hallway and it has a light academia theme  beige walls , white light bulbs and black picture frames. 

Images of different people  are hang on every wall men and women are huddle up into a arc dressed in all black . Who's funeral was It for ?

We walk up a staircase leading to multiple wooden doors , Lucas opens the second door , " here we are " 

In here there is a gym the wall are painted black while there is a window providing lights . There is treadmills  , boxing bags hanging from the roof and in the centre there is a huge ring . " That is where I will teach you self defence " Lucas says from besides me , looking where my eyes are have settled .

" Why don't you show me what you got?"

~~~~~

We end up being inside the ring wanting to see how much punch I can serve .
Lucas stands opposite me in his short and tank top he had changed into . I have my sport thighs now .

Lucas stands opposite me already in a fighting stance " is it just me or this is weird " I say refering to the position as I do the same . It feels weird because I am in a weird position infront of him.

And  because you like him elsewell  and you don't want to do something embarassing infront of him

That too

He chuckles " it doesn't have to be weird , now your fighting stance " I spread my shoulders apart , one leg infront and the other behind
. I spread my legs about shoulders width apart and bend my knees i then place my hand into a fist , putting my thumb outside of my fist and raise my fist infront of my face lining my elbow with my ear . I see Lucas looking suprise at my correct stance .

I have done that before , the only difference was that my mum was opposite me .

Flashback
7 years ago

Alright, Angel . Before we start , I want to see you fighting stance get in your position , like you're getting ready to fight  " My mum said as we stand in the middle of the ring inside her warehouse .