Chapter Twenty six

Angel's POV

I start to regret every single word I said from the beginning of the conversation . I should have shut the hell up , but my big mouth couldn't keep shut .
I try to remain calm and confident as I step forward to a mad looking Lucas and that how I knew , I messed up .

I knew Lucas was dangerous from the moment he shot the gangster like it was a piece of cake , I kind of believed when he told me it was for protection , but I didn't let my guards down .

When he led me to the gym that was supposed to be underground , which led to a long hallway that led to a warehouse , I knew that something was really off .

Like , who the hell has a warehouse in the middle of nowhere ? He is a billionaire , why did he need a warehouse for ?

I finally came to conclusion on his other identity when I found the file of my background , it could have been for the sake of his daughter's protection too , but once I saw informations about my father and mother , I knew it was more than that .

Thank heavens he couldn't get much of my mother's informations , because she made sure the important ones were well hidden until now .

Lucas steps forward looking more mad than I have ever seen him " I told you not to check those emails " I can feel air coming out of his nose in anger . I try my best to keep a strong demeanor " just like your nosy ass couldn't help but snoop in my personal life ? Who are you Lucas , and what exactly do you do ?"

He lowers his head to my eye level and speaking in a low deep tone ." You wouldn't want to know " I maintain eye contact with him " Enlighten me Lucas" I challenge him. He smirks " I think you already have an idea "

I watch him take a gun that is on the table with a black Mamba imprinted on it I start to panic .

I silently start praying ; for my father for him to be walking again and to be protected , for Layla for her to find happiness and settle down , for Rebecca for her to be blessed for everything she has done for my father and I .

At least I will be with my mum now .

" You know , in my world , they say love will save you in situations like this " he loads the gun and aim it at me . I still , and my heart beat speeds up .

" But I think this is an exception" I watch in slow motion as he press the trigger and as the bullet direct itself right at my head .

Is it my fate ? To like a Billionaire only for him to be part of a illegal gang and kill me in the end ? I close my eyes ready to feel the pain .

I flinch at the impact of the bullet as I caught my breath in my throat .

I blink then I blink again and it finally hit me that I'm still alive ... but how ?

I slow open my eyes to see Lucas staring back at me with the same gun still in his hand . I take a ragged breath

" Why didn't you just kill me ? I already know that you are part of some illegal gang , I could report you " I say still shook up by his action .

" Even if you did they wouldn't have caught me if they tried " Lucas says taking a step forward towards me " you should know that , since you are part of the same thing Reed " He taunts . My eyebrows raise in realisation . He found out .

" Mafia " I say mostly to myself " Exactly. Son of Antonio Armani so now you know what you're dealing with " He says arrogantly as if proud of his dad and his reputation . My eyes still wide suprise that he is the son of the most wanted Mafia Lord

" I knew we were similar Angel from the moment I met you , I could feel a connection ." I look up at him only to see him few inches away from from my face . " Don't break my heart Reed " He says jokingly , but I have a feeling there is more to his words .

Lucas stares down at me , his eyes warm with and so many emotions are display : affection , admiration and something else I don't want to admit to mynself just yet

Am I willing to let all my guards infront of him and get involved into the same thing I was trying to avoid ? The only reason I ran away ?

I look up at him my heart beating more than it ever was " Not if you don't break my heart first ." I bring his face down to mine and kiss him.

This kiss is different than any other kiss we had he kisses patiently holding me in his arms lovingly and dearly for dear life

Not if you don't break my heart first .

***
Ahhhh they finally said it !

I'm happy that all the secrets had been said , and it was about time

Thank you for reading this chapter . I will try my best to update as much as I can during the weekends and HOPEFULLY finish this story by the end of the year .

Don't forget to vote and share this story too .

xoxo
~Esther Ali ~