Chapter 12:

Angel's POV:

"Niall! Play Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran! It's her favorite!" Kate excitedly exclaimed.

My body remains still, I feel every breath shakily come in and out, my heart rate is increasing, I feel myself slipping away, my mind is elsewhere and I can't register what is happening to me. Is this shock or am I going to faint?

I steal a quick glance at Harry who looked at me expectantly as he is the only other person that has heard me sing. His green orbs burning through me and warming my insides, making every breath more steady. I breathe in deeply and open my mouth to speak, "No... Uh... I can't sing," I manage to say looking at a shocked Kate.

I looked over at Harry whose expression mirrored Kate's and his eyes grew wider at me. I looked down at the ground and tried to not look anyone in the eyes, everything was absolutely silent.

"But..." I cut Kate off not wanting her to persist, "can you boys sing little things please?" I asked as confidently as I could, looking at Louis, Niall, Zayn, Liam and not allowing my eyes to meet Harry's.

They all shared a confused look except for Harry, yes I looked over at him, I have no impulse control, he was still looking at me, eyes wide as ever and then Niall began to strum the beautiful song followed by Zayn's singing.

"Your hand fits in mine 

Like it's made just for me 

But bear this in mind 

It was meant to be 

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks 

And it all makes sense to me"

Kate's POV:

After the boys had finished singing, Angel had noticeably relaxed. I don't know why she went so pale and at loss of words when I suggested that she should sing.

Well I'm going to find out now!

"Hey boys could you excuse us for a sec?" I questioned whilst grabbing Angel firmly by the hand and tugging her up to stand.

"Sure," they all replied in harmony.

I walked her over, away from the boys until we were out of earshot and no where near anyone.

"WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT YOU COULDN'T SING? WHY DIDN'T YOU SING?" I scolded. She looked shocked, confused, hurt, what was wrong with her?

Her gaze was fixated on the sand beneath her feet the whole time I was yelling at her and I'm impatiently awaiting her response.

She slowly lifts her head up and her tear rimmed eyes meet my blue ones, oh no I hope I didn't do that to her, I can't believe I made her feel this bad. Just as I was about to apologize, the sound of her frail voice stopped me.

"Kate, I'm sorry." Why is she apologizing? I'm the shitty friend here, making my best friend almost cry.

"I...I just can't sing infront of them all, you and Harry were an exception because Harry, well, he snuck up on me and you, you're my best friend so I wouldn't be scared to sing infront of you!" She frustratedly exclaimed.

"Scared? Why would you be... Oh, you have stage fright!" I finally realized.

"Well if stage fright is being scared of heaps of people staring at you then that's what I have." She managed to say looking back at the ground sadly.

Louis' POV:

That was strange, I wonder what Angel and Kate are talking about. Can Angel really sing? If she can, then I'll make sure that she does for me, and the other lads!