422. Disheartened; The Old Man Died

The Blessed Chapter 422

How partial would one be to do such a thing before he died? Don’t say that he was too old and got muddleheaded, or say that he didn’t know that what big trouble Ling Chenglong’d have if he agreed. And it was a lifetime thing. Ling Qiyun’s eyes apparently glistened with shrewdness. He was a xiucai and also the master of the family. It was impossible he had no idea what kind of people his family was, or what big trouble it’d bring to Ling Chenglong and his family, or it might even influence the future of Ling Jingxuan and his two younger brothers, or, after the three brothers became busier and busier and had to run around all the year round, their whole family properties would change their master already. So this was already not a deathbed entrust, or merely whether Ling Chenglong and others were filial or not, this was concerned about their whole life.

Ling Chenglong and his wife’s heart fell down and down, and the sentiment also gradually disappeared. Casting a glance at his niece and nephew, Ling Chenglong turned and looked at the old man, saying word by word nearly indifferently, “Uncle Ling, sorry I can’t promise you. That’s your family affair. As an outsider, I shouldn’t have any comment.”

Speaking of which, Ling Chenglong stretched out his hand to prise his sere fingers one by one and turned to hold his wife tightly, “We should avoid this.”

The husband and wife straightened their backs and then tried to turn to leave. Even a rabbit would bite people when being pushed too hard, let alone they are living people? Before, they could take his doings as negative act, or a goody two shoes that didn’t want to step into the internal family trifles. It had all been the old lady. But now, they were completely disappointed.

“Don’t leave…You unfilial son…Come back…I said come back.”

The old man’s calculative pupils instantly got dilated, and he was growling deeply while panting. Even at the edge of death, he was still holding high. But Ling Chenglong didn’t show him any face. People of the room popped out their eyes, while only Ling Jingxuan and his younger brother secretly gave their thumbs-up to their always honest father. That was also why they didn’t stand out. Some day, he’d leave the whole Yuehua Manor to them. If they still didn’t know how to say no to the old Ling family, how could they hold up such a big family? How to protect their family? They must see clearly that people of old Ling family were like leeches. Don’t see that they surrendered now. As long as given any chance, they’d immediately climb on them and start to suck their blood again. So they had to be stone-hearted.

“Elder brother, our dad is already like this, can’t you just agree with his last wish? I know I did a lot of bad things, but I have changed now. I swear I will never make you any trouble. I’m begging you. Let dad die contented.”

Seeing that, bam, Ling Chenghu knelt before them, holding Ling Chenglong’s leg. His words were authentic, but the endurance that flashed across his eyes sold him out. Ling Jingxuan frowned slightly. Why are those people so annoying like the maggots in the toilet? If they kept pushing him, he wouldn’t show mercy.

“That’s your dad, and it is your family thing, which has nothing to do with me, if you are really sincere to change, you wouldn’t force us now. This is your family affair, so it’s not convenient for us to stay. We gotta go.”

Before Ling Jingxuan opened his mouth, Ling Chenglong made an astounding action. While saying so, he pushed him away, held Lady Wang wearing a cold face and left. The big son and his wife tried to stop them but got scared back by Ling Jingxuan and his younger brother’s threatening eyes. Compared with Ling Chenglong’s coldness, their eyes also had the undisguised warning and killing intention. Without any doubt, as long as they dare move, they’d get knocked over instantly. So, they could only watch them pass by their side.