Chapter-2

Guys  the book has crossed 100k reads and i'm very thankful for that but what about votes and comments. 

please atleast vote, silent readers also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

INAYAT POV: -

Life has a way of surprising us, but I never anticipated the curveball it threw my way. I knew Uncle Raj was a businessman, but I had no idea he was the owner of Singhania Enterprises. And Veer? What was his connection to all this?

Veer looked as handsome as ever, his dark hair slicked back, his brown hazel eyes scanning the crowd with a confidence that only he could pull off. He wore a crisp black suit, his signature red tie adding a dash of color to the ensemble. Even from a distance, I could feel his presence like a palpable force.

Veer glanced around the hall, his gaze eventually falling on me. There was a brief moment where our eyes met, and for a split second, I felt like the world stood still.

As I was lost in my thoughts, the principal's voice brought me back to reality. "Miss Inayat," she called out. I turned towards her, "Yes, ma'am?" She asked if I had brought my parents or guardian for the formalities. I started to respond, "Actually..." when Uncle Raj interrupted, "I'll handle Inayat's formalities."

I glanced at him, feeling a mixture of surprise and gratitude. He'd always been there for me, but this was different. This was more than just family. It was like he was claiming me as his own daughter.

Everyone turned to look at him as he ascended the stairs to the stage. The principal seemed taken aback, "But sir, only signatures of parents or guardians are valid." Uncle Raj calmly responded, "I'm her guardian. You can verify it with your data."

He completed the formalities and patted my head. The whispers among the children grew louder, and I could feel Veer's gaze on me. "Thank you, Uncle," I said as we descended the stairs together. He simply smiled in response.

As we took our seats, I couldn't help but wonder what this all meant. I didn't know Uncle Raj and Veer were of the same Singhania blood. There had to be more to this than met the eye.

Aisha confronted me, "Inayat, you never mentioned that Uncle Raj was Vanraj Singhania." I started to respond, "I also didn't know-", when Mia interjected, "Of course, she must have done something. Why else would a celebrity like him become a guardian of a charity case?" Neha retorted, "Mia, you need a reality check," as she tried to stand up, but I held her back.

Meanwhile, Veer seemed to be watching our exchange from the corner of his eye. His gaze lingered on me, and I felt a blush creep up my cheeks from embarrassment.

The fest concluded around 11pm and we were ready to depart. As I approached the exit gate, a guard informed me that Uncle Raj was waiting for me near his car.

"Uncle, you wanted to see me?" I asked. He nodded, "Yes beta, I know you have many questions. I can't answer them now, but I will when the time is right." He then added, "I want you to come to the Singhania mansion tomorrow. I have something important to discuss." Before I could protest, he said, "I'll send a driver to pick you up at 11am."

Suddenly we heard Veer's voice, "Dadu, let's go." We turned towards him. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. His brown hazel eyes seemed to be trying to decipher my thoughts. Uncle Raj broke the silence, "Oh Inayat beta, meet Veer, my grandson."

I concluded this much already, Uncle Raj was Vanraj Singhania, one of the richest men in the country. And Veer, the boy I had been crushing on for the past two years, was his grandson.