Chapter-17

Hello my lovely readers,

here is the next update,

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV:-

As the car glides towards the Singhania mansion, I steal a glance at Inayat. She's curled up on my lap, her breathing steady. The soft sway of the car seems to lull her deeper into slumber. I've opted for a driver this time, wanting to focus on her, on us.

When we arrive, the grand gates swing open, welcoming us back. The entire household is gathered in the opulent lobby, their eyes bright with anticipation. But one look at the sleeping Inayat, and they know not to disturb.

I carry her through the familiar corridors, her weight a comforting anchor. My room awaits, the bed invitingly made. I tuck her in, wrapping her in warmth, and she stirs, murmuring something in her sleep. I press a kiss to her forehead, promising to be right back.

In the bathroom, I splash water on my face, trying to shake off the heaviness. My reflection stares back, and I wonder how life led me here.

Once I'm presentable, I head downstairs to fetch some food. The kitchen staff is efficient, packing a tray with biryani, fresh naan, and a bowl of raita. 

INAYAT POV: -

INAYAT POV: -

The darkness presses in, suffocating. I stumble through the narrow alley, my breath ragged, heart pounding like a trapped bird. They're after me – monstrous shadows with eyes that gleam like knives. I can't see their faces, just the glint of malice

My family – oh, God, my family. They've taken them all. My mother's laughter, my father's strong arms, my baby brother – snatched away. The brother I was supposed to protect, to play with, to grow up alongside. But they took him too, and now he's gone, swallowed by the same abyss that threatens to swallow me.

"There she is," a voice growls, and I freeze. A man steps out of the shadows, his face hidden behind a black mask. His fingers tangle in my hair, yanking my head back. Pain shoots through my scalp, and I scream, calling for my parents. But they're gone, their voices lost in the void.