Chapter-28

Hello my lovely readers,

hope you all are doing well.

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author pov: -

Two souls, deeply in love, were sleeping peacefully in each other's embrace, their dreams filled with anticipation for the day ahead. The first rays of the sun served as an alarm, rousing Veer from his slumber. He looked at his Dil, his heart filled with love and admiration. So much had changed in just a few months, and today, they would tie their futures together.

It was finally the day Veer and Inayat had been eagerly waiting for - their wedding day. Our groom was getting ready in his room, while our bride was in her room, which used to be her parents' room, surrounded by her friends and preparing for the haldi ceremony. The room was adorned with family photos, a testament to the love and warmth that had filled it over the years.

The Singhania's had decided that the wedding would take place in the haveli garden, and on the special request of our bride, the wedding theme was set to be white.

Veer and Inayat made their way to the terrace, where everyone was gathered for the haldi ceremony, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the bride and groom. Both looked stunning in their white attire. Inayat took her place on the left, with Veer on her right.

"Look, our bride and groom are here," Mahir announced, his voice filled with excitement. The others joined in, their cheers filling the air. "Both of you sit on the sofa, then everyone will apply haldi on both of you," Meera aunty instructed. They nodded in agreement, and one by one, everyone started applying haldi, marking the beginning of the festivities. 

INAYAT POV:-

INAYAT POV:-

Family members gathered around, armed with bowls of golden haldi paste.

Neha, mischief dancing in her eyes, scooped a generous dollop. "Ready, Inayat?" she asked, her fingers poised.

I grinned. "Bring it on."

The first smear landed on my cheek, cool and fragrant. Aisha followed suit, her laughter contagious. Soon, everyone joined in—cousins, aunts, uncles—painting us like living canvases.

Veer's face was a masterpiece of yellow swirls. "You're glowing," I teased, dabbing haldi on his nose.

He winked. "So are you."

The room echoed with playful banter. "Inayat, your turn!" Mahir Bhai thrust a bowl at me.

I scooped a handful, my aim true. Veer's ear bore the brunt of my attack. "Oops," I said, feigning innocence.

He retaliated, smearing haldi on my chin. "Payback."

An hour later, we were covered head to toe in yellow haldi. "Now, both of you can't see each other before the mandap. Go to your rooms and wash up," Meera instructed. Veer protested, "What? That's too long!" Everyone burst into laughter at his impatience. "Oh, c'mon Veer, it's just a few hours. Then you'll have Inayat all to yourself. No one's going to take her away," Rishab teased.