Chapter-22

Hello my lovely readers,

Another update for all of you!!

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

The car glides to a halt in front of the grand Singhania mansion. Inayat rests, her breaths soft and rhythmic against my shoulder. Gently, I lift her, careful not to disturb her slumber, and carry her toward our bedroom. I lay her down, tucking her in beneath the warm embrace of the blanket.

As I sit there, watching her sleep, my mind retraces the conversation we had in the car. Rahul Batra—the man who dared to threaten my Inayat. The thought sends a shiver down my spine, igniting a fire within me. "I will not let that man go unpunished," I vow silently.

Until now, I'd believed it was just Mia and Manish—the visible players in this twisted game. Rahul remained an enigma, seemingly distant from his father's machinations. But blood ties run deep, and secrets weave intricate patterns.

Inayat had revealed that Rahul was her dad's brother's son, but I knew Rahul as the offspring of Manish Batra. I'd assumed they were separate entities—the father consumed by greed, the son aloof from the family business. Now, the puzzle pieces align.

This brother-sister duo—Mia and Rahul—had danced to their father's tune. Manish Batra, Inayat's Chachu (Dad's brother), and Mia, her sister. Rahul, her brother. The inheritance, the past, and the present—all entangled threads.

Tomorrow, I'd meet Sameer, plan our moves. Rahul was here for a reason, and he likely believed Inayat's memory remained clouded. But I'd expose the truth, unravel their web. The Batras would face their reckoning.

After freshening up, I slip back into bed beside my angel. She stirs, snuggling closer. I press a soft kiss to her forehead, my resolve unwavering.

I'm awakened by the feeling of something wet on my face. "Close the tap," I mumble sleepily. "It's not a tap, it's my hair," a sweet, angelic voice replies. I open my eyes to find Inayat standing near the bed, dressed in a beautiful beige outfit, her hair still wet from the shower. "You look beautiful," I say, a smile playing on my lips. "I know," she retorts with a smirk. "Oh really, I see you're not that shy Inayat anymore," I tease, pulling her towards me. She lands directly on my chest, gasping in surprise. Her eyes widen, and a blush creeps up her cheeks, probably because I'm not wearing a shirt.

"I-I'm sorry," she stammers, looking away. "I didn't mean to..." I cut her off with a tender kiss, savoring the taste of her lips. "It's okay," I whisper, my hand running through her hair. "I like it when you're...you." She sighs softly, relaxing against me. "I didn't want to wake you," she says, "but I couldn't sleep anymore." I wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer. "You can sleep with me," I murmur, kissing the top of her head. "We'll sleep together. "She nestles deeper into my embrace, her body warm and supple against mine. I can feel the tips of her breasts pressing against my chest, and I shiver with desire. I nuzzle my face into her hair, inhaling her sweet, familiar scent.