Chapter-15

Hello my lovely readers,

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

I was in my cabin, engrossed in my work when Mia Batra, the upcoming heir of Batra Industries, walked in. "Hello, Veer," she greeted, taking a seat across from me without waiting for an invitation. I didn't look up from my laptop, "Who told you to sit?" I asked, my tone curt.

She laughed it off, "Oh, c'mon Veer, you know you can share everything with me." Just then, a peon walked in with juice. I didn't remember asking for it. Mia thanked him and placed one glass in front of me. She then got up and moved towards me, "Tell me, Veer, that Inayat has blackmailed you into all this. I know she's nothing more than a gold-digger. She killed her parents when she was just 8. Just tell me, and I'll make sure..."

Her arm hit the glass, and juice splashed all over my shirt. "What the hell!" I yelled, standing up abruptly. "I'm sorry, Veer. Let me clean it," she said, pulling out a handkerchief from her purse and reaching out to clean my shirt. But I held her hand, stopping her midway.

Just then, a noise caught my attention. It was the sound of something hard hitting the floor. I looked up to see Inayat standing at the door, tears streaming down her face. My heart sank. This was not how it was supposed to be.

"Inayat," I call out, but it's too late. She's already running away from me. I chase after her, calling her name, but she doesn't stop. The only sounds in the empty floor are her sobs and the jingle of her anklets.

I plead with her to stop, to listen, but it's all in vain. She enters the lift before I can reach her, the doors closing on her tear-streaked face. Damn it! I sprint towards the stairs.

When I reach the ground floor, Inayat is nowhere to be seen. I rush to the reception, "Where is Inayat?" I nearly yell. The receptionist informs me that she left just a few seconds ago. I hear  dad calling my name. I turn to see worry and anger etched on his face. I tell him everything, and his words hit me like a punch, "If anything happens to my daughter, I will not forgive you. Go find her. Bring her back."

I run outside the building, looking everywhere for any sign of Inayat. 'Where are you, Inayat?' I run in the direction my instincts guide me to, and then the rain starts.

"Have you seen her?" I asked a vendor, showing him Inayat's picture on my phone. He pointed me in the direction she ran off to. I run as fast as I can until I spot her. She's running, not in her senses, drenched in the rain. "INAYAT!" I call out, but she doesn't respond. She runs across the road, and suddenly a truck comes honking. She turns to look, and I run towards her, but I'm too late. "INAYAT!!!"

I watch in horror as she falls under the wheels of the truck. Time seems to stand still as I drop to my knees beside her. I reach out to touch her, to feel if she's still alive, but it's already too late. Blood covers her body, and her once beautiful eyes stare back at me, lifeless. I can't breathe. I can't think. I can't feel anything but pain.