Chapter-7

hello my lovely readers,

Don't forget to Vote and comment!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veer Pov: -

Exhaling a sigh of relief, I lean back in my chair as the day's work finally comes to an end. But then, my landline rings, disrupting the tranquility. "What?" I snap at the person on the other end. "Good evening, Mr. Singhania. A young lady named Inayat claims to be a family member..." I cut them off mid-sentence, "Send her directly to my cabin. And make sure everyone in the office knows she is Mrs. Singhania. I don't want anyone addressing her by her first name." With that, I hung up, wondering why Inayat didn't call.

I check my phone—nope, no missed calls. Then there's a knock. I open the door to see Inayat. "Hey, why didn't you give me a ring when you were done?" I ask her, motioning for her to take a seat.

She explains about picking up dresses for engagement as maa told her to. "Got it. We can head out now. But seriously, why didn't you call?" I'm already packing my stuff.

She looks a bit sheepish. "I didn't have your number," she admits. Oh man, how did I forget to give her my number? I quickly type it into her phone, and her smile just makes everything better. "Ready to roll?" I ask, and we head out to the car.

Opening the door for her, I notice she's giving me a funny look. "Something up?" I ask.

"This isn't the car you drove this morning," she points out, sharp as ever.

"Ah, you caught that, huh? Mahir needed my ride, so I took the G-Wagon," I explained as we buckled up. "Comfortable?" I check, wanting to make sure she's all set.

Her nod and the way she settles in tell me she's good.

As I'm about to fire up the G-Wagon, Inayat pipes up, "Can you roll down the window?" I'm thrown off for a sec. "You hot or something? The AC's on," I say, but she's got this little smile on her face. "I've always wanted to hear this beast's growl," she admits, kinda shy all of a sudden.

I can't help but let out a laugh, and she's giving me this look like I've just turned into an alien or something. "What's up?" I ask, and she's quick to point out, "You're laughing... and you've got dimples!" That's when it hits me—I haven't really laughed in forever, not since she was gone. But here she is, and it's like all the positives are back.

I hit the start button, and the car's rumble fills the air. "Dreams do come true, don't they?" I say, grinning as I watch her face light up. We hit the road, and I threw in, "Didn't know you were into cars."

She turns to me, her eyes sparkling. "There's a lot you don't know about me, Mr. Singhania," she retorts playfully. and I'm already thinking about all the dates we'll need to fix that.