4. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀɪʟʟ

There's a knock on my bedroom door, I look up from my book and slide off of the bed, opening it to reveal Leon leaning against the wall. He's shirtless and only wearing grey sweatpants, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that stirred something inside of me.

"Leon, what are you doing? It's the middle of the night." I whisper, looking down the corridor as he pushes his way into my room. I gasp as he closes the door with his foot and reaches out to cup my face, leaning down as his nose brushes against mine.

"I need you, I couldn't sleep because the thought of you sleeping in the room opposite mine was too inviting. Fuck, you're so cute when you look at me like that." Leon deeply mumbles. My breath catches as his other hand reaches around and heftd my leg up and around his waist, he pushes into me and shows me what he means.

"Leon, we can't-" I begin, but his lips crash to mine, I moan and arch my back, my nails grabbing at his shoulder as-

I jerk awake in bed, sweating and hot. I look around my room, seeing it was just a dream. A very fucked up dream. My eyes trail to my door hesitantly, as if waiting for the dream to come true.

A sense of foreboding overcomes me, and seconds later there is actually a harsh knock on my door. I scramble to get dressed before rushing to it, the urgency continues until I swing it open and Leon stands there looking down at me, dressed in his usual tight tee and cargo pants, his eyes narrowed as he looks me up and down suspiciously.

"You're needed outside. Now." He grumbles, turning on his heel and walking away. I open my mouth to speak, but all I can do is nod and blush.

I sew through the windows that it's still dark outside, it must be around three in the morning. A storm also rages, rain batters the windows as Leon and I make our way downstairs and outside, immediately I'm drenched and on the verge of shivering.

The other agents all stand with my fellow recruits, all cold and miserable. I join the line and wait to see what the hell is going on. Kingston appears moments later, holding an umbrella and wearing a thick coat, lucky bastard.

"This is your first assignment," he shouts over the rainfall, "being an agent is always about charging in head first and getting the job done, it requires stealth and patience. Your task is this; you'll have an hour to find a hiding place, or to stay hidden whilst your mentors try to find you. Your goal is to not be found until dawn, then and only then can you come back."

My eyes widen, I look to Leon who frowns and analyses the other recruits, he must see the same thing I do. They're all kitted up and ready for this, where as I'm just wearing jeans, a tee and my favourite hoodie. I'm drenched and stiff, definitely not ready for a trek in the woods.

"Can I go get a jacket?" I ask Kingston. His eyes narrow at me, I've never seen him look at me so aggressively.

"No. As an agent you'll be expected to be ready for anything at any time, it's your own fault for being so lazy."

My mouth opens but Leon gives me a sharp shake of the head. I grit my teeth as I clench my fists, wondering who didn't give Leon and I the memo, it feels like a set up.

"Go now." Kingston says, looking at his watch. Immediately all of us recruits spring into action, darting into the woods that surround the compound in all different directions. My feet run as fast as they can, and I'm glad for the dim moonlight as I stumble over rocks and brambles. I ignore the sting of the rain in my eyes as I stop when I come into a clearing, I've got no idea how much time has elapsed already.

I look up, spinning in a circle as I observe the trees. I could climb one, sit up and stay until morning, would Leon assume I'm too weak to climb? Would he do the same thing himself?