6. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

I hear footsteps outside of my door, I stand up and grab a kitchen knife I swiped a few weeks ago for defence, holding it up as I approach the door. When I press my ear to the wood I hear a grunt followed by some kind of glass rattling. Frowning I swing the door open with my knife raised, and come face to face with a shocked Leon.

He raises a tray of food and mugs, giving me a small smile. "Hungry?" He asks.

My face splits into a grin as I let him in, I glance down the hallway left and right before closing the door. It feels wrong but at the minute I don't care, this can be our secret.

Leon perches on the bed, and I finally see the array of snacks he must've 'borrowed' from the kitchen. There's some toast, a few fruits, some cheese and some chicken legs. Odd but kind of delicious, I've always been a fan of snacky dinners instead of big ones.

Leon passes me a mug, I sniff it and lean away shocked. "Is this lemonade?" I exclaim.

Leon laughs as he nods, grabbing his own mug and sipping. "Do you like it? I wasn't sure if you did so I got it just in case but-" I let out a small burp accidentally as Leon's eyes widen, he grins as he shakes his head, beginning to eat the food.

I reach for a piece of cheese as Leon and I begin to talk about random things, mostly about the book I was reading earlier, but we then start discussing other things like our favourite movies and music.

Leon begins to joke around more too, and I can see he visibly relaxes as he lounges on my bed, propping himself up on an elbow as we talk well into the night. The food is soon gone and the lemonade has put us on a sugar high, we laugh and get closer and closer, gradually we end up inches away from each other.

"It's funny," I begin, "I hated you at first, but now I know you're just a big softie." I tease as Leon huffs and raises his brows.

"You do realise I've killed more people than letters of the alphabet right?" He murmurs, licking his lips.

I wave him off, "I didn't say you were incapable, I said you're just nicer to me than you used to be."

Leon smiles, reaching out he tucks my hair behind my ear, my pulse quickens as I glance at his lips. "I never wanted to get close to you."

"But?" I push, leaning my face lower as Leon's hand rests on my cheek.

"But you're a very likeable person, and I can't seem to stay away as much as I wish I could." He whispers, pushing himself up to finally at last kiss me.

At first it's gentle, hesitant. I open my mouth and crawl onto him as his arm wraps around my middle, but he flips us over so I'm on my back and deepens the kiss. I gasp as his hand cups my ass, and Leon immediately backs off, but I sit up with him and grab the neck of his tee.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't-"

"Kiss me again." I beg, and Leon lets out a deep sound as he pushes me down and attacks my lips, his knee parts my legs as I moan. Leon groans and moves his lips to my neck as I wrap my legs around him, bucking my hips against him as he leaves a mark.

"You're so fucking beautiful, sometimes I can't hold myself back from thinking so many things I want to do to you." Leon murmurs, his hand reaches for my top and pulls it off of me with ease.

I flush with heat as Leon moves his kisses to my breasts, his teeth nip at the strap of my bra as I whimper and grab the hem of his top, urging Leon to take it off. He does, and then grabs my jeans and slides them off of my legs.

"Yours too mister." I tease, Leon smirks and does as he's told, until we're both down to the bare minimum. I lie back on the pillows as Leon and I kiss deeply, I try for more but Leon shakes his head.

"As much as I want to, not yet. Not here."

I nod, and happily stick to making out with him until we both get tired. I lie in Leon's arms, snuggling into his warmth until he tries to sit up.

"I should go."

I grab his hand, "Can't you stay until morning?"

He reluctantly nods, pressing a kiss to my head before pulling me back onto his chest, stroking my hair as I fall asleep listening to his heartbeat.

****************

When I wake up I'm alone, the bed is cold but the covers are pulled up around me. The mugs and tray from last night are gone, along with Leon.

My stomach growls, wanting an actual meal. I check the time and see breakfast is served soon, so I get dressed and head down to the dining room, but something makes me pause outside as I hear voices.

"I can't. Let someone else train her."

I frown, pressing my ear to the door.

"Leon, arrangements have been made for a reason, she's your responsibility so sort whatever shit has happened between you both out pronto."

My ears burn as my eyes fill with tears. Does Leon regret what we did last night, even if all we did was kiss? What about the things he said, were they lies?

I turn to walk away, but the universe decides to shit on me and my top catches on the doorhandle. I pry it off but then the door swings open and Kingston stands there frowning, behind him Leon looks shocked, his face falls as he realises I heard everything.

"Sorry, I was waiting for breakfast. It doesn't matter, I'm not hungry anyway-" I mutter, then walk away. Leon tries to catch up to me, grabbing my arm when we're alone in a corridor.

"Y/N, look-" Leon tries to begin, but I turn around and shove him. He stumbles back as my eyes burn, I refuse to let the tears fall.

"You're a real dick!"

Leon's eyes drop to the floor as I storm away, my cheeks wet by time I get back to my room.

The next few days are worse than hell. The training happens in silence and it's harsh. Leon and I give each other the cold shoulder, and every time we pass each other we both purposely look away. I don't regret what happened between us, but I regret it feeling so good.