12. ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟ (Epilogue)

Two years later...

"Bag's packed?" Leon asks as I rummage around the bookshelf of our apartment, looking for reading material I can take with me on the plane. 

"Yep." 

"Got a plan?" 

I shake my head and point to the file Leon's holding in his hands, he throws it aside and stands up from the couch, his arms wrap around me from behind as he presses a kiss to my neck. 

"But special agent Y/N, I'm sure your wonderful mentor always taught you to be ready for anything." He coos. I elbow him in the stomach and pick out 'Jekyll and Hyde'. 

"Hmmm, if anything I think he taught me to act first and think later." I tease, Leon smirks and taps the tip of my nose with his finger, I gently bite it as he smirks and picks me up, carrying me to the couch and setting me on his lap. 

"I never. It was you who decided to storm in and help me out." 

"I think the word you're looking for is 'save?" I laugh, Leon rolls his eyes as I squirm in his lap, reaching for my phone. 

"Pfft, I had it handled. And it was one time. How many missions have we done together now, and I'm pretty sure you've swooned over me on every single one of them."

I give him a pointed look then stand up. "Come on, we've got to leave soon." 

Leon sighs and follows my lead, grabbing my hand and spinning me around for another kiss. I laugh and push him away. 

"You know I hate to admit it but Kingston was right," Leon murmurs between my lips, "I didn't think any good would come from being an agent, but that all changed when I met you. I saw that you wanted to help people, and I knew from the second you tried to ask me what my favourite colour was that you were going to be trouble. I used to mourn for a life I'd never have, but now I realise that the one I've got right now is the one I'd want. You helped me find myself when I was lost, and I can never thank you enough for that. I love you so damn much."  

I smile, blinking away the stupid tears. "Two years ago you'd have laughed at me if I told you you'd one day be so soppy." 

Leon chuckles, wrapping an arm around my middle as he grabs our bags ready for our next mission together. 

"Hey Leon," I say looking up into those ocean blue eyes, "I love you too."

With that we walk out of the door. I never expected my training to go the way it did, and I didn't anticipate becoming an official agent so quick either, but honestly I've learnt to accept the things life throws at me, because you'll never know when they'll be ripped from you. The last thing I want is to feel dolorous.