8. ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴇꜱ

I wake up in Leon's arms, and unlike last time I look up to see him smiling down at me, his hand reaches out and brushes my hair away from my face as he kisses my forehead.

"Morining sexy." He teases, I blush and bury my head into his chest, letting out a small groan.

"Oh my God, please don't ever call me that again." I laugh, pressing a kiss to his bare chest. Leon chuckles and stretches as I pull the covers up over me, I admire his back muscles as he sits up, letting out the cutest yawn.

"We've got until this evening to do what we want, so what do you wanna do?" He asks, giving me a warm smile.

I smirk and Leon leans down to gently tap the tip of my nose, it's so odd him being playful and romantic with me compared to how he was before, but after last night's confessions and making up, I think I don't need to worry anymore.

"Hmm," I mumble, "breakfast, reading and maybe some more time in bed?" I count off of my fingers. Leon smirks and rolls on top of me, his elbows resting either side of my head as his face rests inches from mine.

"In that order?" He deeply asks, his nose brushes my cheek as he presses a trail of kisses down my face to my chest.

I gasp, wrapping my legs around him. "N-no, we can improvise."

Leon chuckles as he slides the covers off of me...

*******************

"I can't believe I have to wear this..." I complain walking out of the bathroom. I'm dressed in a navy blue dress, the neckline too low for my liking, and the slit at the side is way too high, I paired it with some heeled boots since I'd still need to be able to do the mission, but I still need to look good.

"It probably looks-" Leon begins until he sees me, his head swivels to do a double take and my heart skips a beat at way he's looking at me, it's like I'm the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. "Fuck, you look good."

I smile but feel a little uncomfortable without having a weapon, but I guess that's why I've been training in hand to hand combat so much. Leon, dressed in black dress pants and a shirt, looks just as awkward as I do, we're like fish out of water.

"The plan one last time, you need to capture Byron's attention and lure him outside, that's when we can take him out and have enough time to get away, then mission accomplished." Leon says, looking at little worried.

I head over to him and cup his face, his hand covers mine as he leans into my touch. "It'll be okay." I reassure, then step away and head for the door.

Leon and I head to the hotel lobby hand in hand, where tonight some kind of event is being held. Leon's hand wraps around my middle as we mingle in with the crowd, making appearances so it'll be easier to cover up the murder we're about to commit. Leon's grip tightens as men eye me up, many stare at my chest as I walk past, Leon keeps his cool for the missions sake, but I know he's barely hanging on.

We sit at the bar for a while, until I finally spot our target, Byron. He looks just as disgusting as I'd imagined considering he's a terrible man. His hair is patchy and he's got more wrinkles than a bedsheet, but from his file he's only in his forties. I guess evil damages you.

"Ready?" I ask Leon, who gives me a nod. I begin to walk away but Leon grabs my arm and risks a kiss in front of Byron, but I don't think he sees.

"After this maybe we can go back to our room to celebrate?" I murmur, earning an eye roll from Leon, but he shifts in his seat and I know I've got him there.

I head over to Byron, swaying my hips and accidentally walking into him. Geez even the man smells like death, but his suit shows enough money for people to tolerate him. "Oh I'm so sorry, I'm so clumsy." I exclaim, grabbing his arm. As predicted he waves it off as his eyes land on my cleavage.

"No problem darling, hey you're not alone are you?" He coos, grabbing my hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it. I nod solemnly, going along with the story I planned in my head.

"Yeah, I broke up with my boyfriend recently so decided to go travel, you know. Get away." I mumble, dabbing at my eyes.

Byron's brows raise and he looks around, then smiles down at me. "Shall we get a drink?"

I shake my head, "I need some air, will you come out with me?" I beg, puffing my chest out to once again catch his attention. He nods exaggeratedly and wraps an arm around my shoulders, harshly pulling me into him as we weave around the crowd. I look around for Leon, but he's gone.

I trust the plan to go well, because I've got no other option. We head outside into the hotel garden, a simple space filled with benches and a few plants. It's dark and empty, and next to the car park. The perfect place to kill someone.

"So, you're all alone huh?" Byron asks, his hand on my arm tightening.

I frown and nod, feeling like something isn't right. "Yeah, just me, myself and I." I lightly laugh, clenching my fists incase.

Byron's face changes, and he suddenly shoves me back with inhumane strength. "And who are you working for, huh?"

My eyes widen but I quickly shake my head, playing the part. "I don't know what you're-"

His eyes scan me from head to toe, and I slip up by looking around for Leon, he should be here by now. "I've never experimented on a live specimen before, and you're pretty enough to be my first."

That's it. I throw a punch but Byron reacts quicker than anticipated. He launches forward and I feel a sharp sting in my neck. All of a sudden I'm drowsy and light headed, sick makes it way up my throat as I double over, the earth tilting as I fall backwards. Byron leans over me, grinning like a maniac as he hefts me up and drags me to a car nearby, his eyes occasionally look behind him but nobody is around.

I try to scramble away, but he backhands me and my world goes black.