Why we failed One-hundred Years ago- Part 5

Why we failed One-Hundred Years Ago

The Princess's Plight

It felt like the entire kingdom was buzzing with excitement, like a beehive of joy and anticipation. People from all walks of life, from the lowliest peasant farmer to the proudest of regal nobility, happy pilgrims were flocking to the city in droves, their hearts brimming with joy for the jubilee. At the crescendo of it all was yet to come: the Queen's feast. A grand ceremony that would bring together the young and old, the rich and the poor, in a grand celebration of unity and shared laughter. A chance for us all to reflect on the blessings of this era of tranquility and revel in the prosperity we've been gifted. Everyone, regardless of birth, would be welcomed under the Royal Family's pavilions for the final feast, a monumental event where I, the Princess, would step into history like so many who came before me, assuming my rightful place as heir apparent to the goddess.

Though, the idea of which was daunting to say the least. I mean just hours ago I was trembling at the idea, frightened in fact. But suddenly those feelings dissipated for now. Something in me changed. Like a lever had been pulled deep inside. It must have been that thrilling excursion with Sir-Helmsworth, perhaps? Or, just the jitters catching up making this whole day seem surreal. Like a dream that at any moment I would wake from and find myself in the safe confounds of my bed sheets. But, it wasn't a dream. It was real. This was happening and whatever that silenced my worries for now, I was glad for it. And for once in my life, I was excited for what the days to come would bring. I was actually smiling.

As I floated through the castle halls walking on clouds, I felt an unusual lightness, a sensation of weightlessness that matched my euphoria. Call it the buzz of adventure or the excitement of a first boy's touch. For once, everything was falling into place, and it was even better than I had dared to hope. All I had to left was just navigate these next two days without a hitch. That couldn't be too hard, could it? First, the ascension ceremony, then anoint the pledges. I could almost hear my heart whispering to me: "You've got this, Zelda. Just a little more. Prove em all and show your mother you can do this. Make her proud." It was a wild dance of hope and trepidation for sure, but for once, I allowed myself to lean into the joy of it all. I should be terrified at the prospect, but somehow, that boy's courage rubbed off on me.

Could you believe it? There I was, actually humming to myself. I practically skipped up the castle steps to my quarters. The world around me reduced to a wonderful blur of colors as ornate tapestries hanging from the walls, paintings and other antique décor whizzed by in my haste. Bursting into my chambers, I was greeted by the familiar smiles of my best friends: Impa, Purah, and Urbosa, all waiting for me. Each seemed poised to tumble over the others just to be the first to exchange a word with me for how the morning went. They seemed more eager to know than I was to tell.

Meanwhile, my devoted handmaiden, Adeline, was in a flurry of activity, coordinating with the other court ladies to prepare my dress for today's celebration. The first horn, beckoning the initial gathering, would blow any moment now. Located only a stone's throw away, the girls wasted no time gathering all the attire in which I was about to be dressed for the royal gown, symbolizing a step further into my destiny.

"So, how did it go!?" perked Purah. "Well! Out with it!" But before I could get a word in edgewise, Urbosa was already beating me to it. "Can't you see the poor girl is out of breath?"