Twin, Sister, and Accomplice

Tam couldn't believe it. Linh. His twin sister was someone Maruca knew. Tam was so happy, he could have gotten up, put on a party hat, and started dancing. But, for reputation's sake, he didn't do that. He tried to remain calm as he asked the next few questions.

"Is she okay?" Usually, people would have asked where they were, but to Tam, his sister's health mattered the most to him.

"She's fine," Maruca said, shifting uncomfortably. Tam noticed that there was more to the sentence.

"Really?" Tam asked. "Because it looks like you aren't. What's wrong?"

Tam ran through some scenarios, most of them involving Linh being hurt, upset, or worse... But he never expected what Maruca said.

"She's part of the Neverseen."

The last sentence rang in Tam's head. Repeating. Tearing him apart. All the walls seemed to be closing in on him. Suffocating him. Killing him. But not as much as the truth was. It broke Tam. His everything. Memories of how they'd stuck by each other, went to Exilium for each other, and protected each other came rushing through so fast, a telepath would be scared.

"TAM," Maruca said, snapping Tam out of his nightmare. "She doesn't like the Neverseen. She hates working for them. She wants to escape but can't. She told me she had a twin, who also had silver hair, but didn't say the name. She wants to escape, Tam. So we should help her."

Tam breathed a sigh of relief. It flushed away all the thoughts of Linh being evil and following the Neverseen's orders. Keefe looked at Tam worriedly.

"Okay, why don't we do this tomorrow?" Keefe said, trying to calm everyone down.

"No," Tam said. The voice he heard was strong. Convincing. Demanding. Empowering. And most of all: his.

"We will find Linh, and we're doing it NOW."

Keefe remained quiet as Tam intently listened to whatever information Maruca had to give.

"She's in the third building. I know where she is, but it's the most protected building, so I don't know how we'll get her." Maruca said. Tam had an idea.

"Marella, can you get your dad to move her to this building?" Tam asked, full of hope.

"I could try, but no promises, 'kay?" Everyone nodded.

"And we're doing it tomorrow," Keefe added. Tam was about to argue when he yawned. He didn't realise just how tired he was.