First Day

The first day of 8th grade was coming up faster and faster as the night before the 28th rolled around. Tillie was sat on the floor in her room reading a magazine while Same watches the movie playing on the girls tv.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" The girl asks turning to look at the boy who averted his gaze from the tv to her.

"It's not a big deal, I just wish I had more of a summer with you." The boy said shrugging returning his attention back onto the movie.

Tillie quickly put down her magazine to look through her closet. She had many, many clothes but the girl still never knew what to wear. The girl looked through all of her clothes deciding on a deftones tank top that showed her stomach just slightly and tight low-rise black jeans with gems on the pockets and of course a studded belt to compliment her pants. Sam was already looking at her admiring her unique sense of style smiling to himself as she turned around putting the clothes on her bed and asking him what he thought of them.

"They'd suit you well Monroe, wear it." He could tell she was nervous and him reassuring her lifted a weight of her chest. She always hated what people said about her. And he always wanted to protect her from that.

The morning of the 28th creped through and the girl awoke at sunrise. Tillie always tended to overthink about things and worked herself up over pointless things. She was glad she had Sam back, she wouldn't feel as alone. She got ready and made sure she looked her best; appearance was everything to her and especially to her parents. Her parents didn't necessarily approve of her attire and wished for a more girly pink bright wearing daughter, but she still tried to look her best.

The girl was busy making sure she looked at least decent in her mirror trying to style her hair in just the right position she was startled by the phoneline ringing in her room. She was confused on who would be calling her so early, but she picked up anyway and her body soon rushed with relief,

"Goodmorning Tillie, I wanted to make sure you're doing okay, I'll be by soon to wait for Anna's mom to pick us up." Sams tired gruff voice says through the phone smiling at how he's checking up on her quickly reply's, "Be by soon I can't find my mary janes." Before hanging up in which he laughs at.

A soft knock is heard on the girl's bedroom door as it slowly opens revealing Sam with her black mary janes in hand, "Looking for these." The boy in front of her says waving the shoes around before handing them to the girl.

The two best friends make their way out front of Tillies house. A few months back Tillie begged her parents for a walkman with earbuds just to listen to music with Sam. There they stood listening to Tillies walkman on the side of the street as Anna's mom pulled up. Tillie putting the walkman into her bag as her and Sam got into the car greeting Mrs. Kone.

Tillie sat in between Suji and Sam turned back smiling and waving to the girls in the back.

"Wow Monroe you've grown, haven't seen you in awhile." Suji commented staring the girl up and down as Tillie slightly smiled at him causing an odd look from Sam.

"Maya what the fuck did you do to your hair?" Sam commented causes Tillie to smack his leg,

Maya turned to Anna looking embarrassed, "You said it looked good."

"It looks like shit, Maya." Sam said laughing turning around trying to contain his laughter.

"I think it suits you really well Maya." Tillie said sweetly smiling at the girl.

Maya smiled back touching her hair while Anna said, "Told you."

Tillie held onto the hem of Sams shirt as the two walked through the front of school, feeling the girls nervousness he messed up her hair laughing at her trying to calm her nerves. As Gabe and Jafeer walked up to the duo making their way to class.