☁︎ ENERO☂︎

THIS WASN'T HER YEAR, AND IT WAS ONLY JANUARY

THIS WASN'T HER YEAR, AND IT WAS ONLY JANUARY. Her Balenciaga campaign fell through due to a miscommunication with casting, her friends were all out of LA to pursue successful opportunities, and, most annoyingly, a married man she'd been gold-digging left his wife.

His name was Anthony, he was 40 years old and was an executive in Silicon Valley. He showed up on their date with roses, champagne, and a key to his place. Jasmine's eyes fell on his gifts in disapproval, then up to his face.

"And who told you to leave her?"

"Well... no one, I'm my own man." He reached over and laid a hand on her thigh. They were in his car. "And I know what I want."

"Do you?" She asked, not believing him as her pitch raised at the end.

"Jasmine, baby..." He reached into his inner jacket pocket and pulled out a ring box. "Will you marry me?"

The first thing she thought was that the thin hairs on his fingers made him look like a grizzly bear. He opened the box and revealed an 18-karat cushion cut ring. The second thing she thought was that she preferred emerald cut.

Marriage...?

Hm.

Anthony was handsome. Very tall, a little skinny, with chilly blue eyes and slicked blonde hair. He still had hair for his age which was good, and he already had kids so he probably wouldn't want any more.

She was 26 now. When you were over 21 the men in LA looked at you like you were an old woman, so she probably should get married by now. Then there was her career. Modeling was notorious to be ageist and having a cut-off point. She planned on being made a housewife by 30...

She shrugged. "Okay."

And so, Anthony and Jasmine were engaged. She moved into one of his homes in Bel Air. Her walk-in closet was bigger than her old studio apartment in its entirety. He went to work at seven in the morning, and she shopped around LA with his card, swiping left and right.

She sent a photo of her ring to her group chat.

jasmine💎
in other news...

jasmine💎in other news