☁︎ ABRIL☂︎

THINGS WERE FINALLY BETTER IN HER ENGAGEMENT

THINGS WERE FINALLY BETTER IN HER ENGAGEMENT. Coincidentally, she'd cut ties with Benito to make it happen. ...Or had he with her?

She tried not to think about him, and even if she was successful throughout the day, he still waited in the back of her mind for nighttime. When she closed her eyes for sleep, his face lingered in her mind. His eyes. His curls. His voice.

One Friday night, she and her friends went out to a Rosalia concert. She sent Anthony a message telling him she'd be home late, and he wrote back "have fun, mi reina." It was corny, but Diana and Kiara nearly cried at how sweet it was.

"You're lucky he's not the jealous type," Kiara sighed as they entered the venue. "Devon picked a fight with me just for coming."

Jasmine was quiet. It wasn't that Anthony wasn't a jealous person at all, but she made no comment on the subject.

They had standing balcony tickets. She recorded herself dancing and singing along, sandwiched between her friends. She posted it on her story. Ten minutes later, she received an Instagram notification that she hadn't in quite some time.

Badbunnypr responded:

'Que coño es eso?'

With a thumping heart, she opened his message in confusion. They hadn't talked since their fight on his birthday. He was already typing another message. She considered replying, "dancing..?"

'un anillo?'

Whoops.

The giant engagement ring on her left finger was in frame for only half a second. When Benito watched her story, he clocked it immediately. He went back to watch it over and over as if the ring would miraculously fade from her hand.

'ese es el concierto de rosalia?'

Benito was just typing away, and she didn't respond to a single thing. She was so stunned, she simply let him text.

'I'm coming.'

He made up his mind. He was in the studio all day, and he made the decision to wrap early. He arrived at the stadium in twenty minutes. He told Jasmine to meet him backstage. She would get through.

Benito was standing at the backstage entrance beside security with his arms crossed. He looked just like the security guard. Even more serious. An irritated expression seeped through his shades.

With each step she took approaching him, Benito looked more and more displeased. Her heart was pounding. She was so excited and equally scared to see him again, even if they left it in bad terms. His arms stayed crossed as she approached him.