Valkyrie [10]

I was walking around when I walked into a random room with a throne on it.

I moved closer not thinking about the consequences. I ran my fingers across the details of the throne.

"You fancy the throne" I heard a man say with an stern and loud voice that boomed through the hall.

I turned around. "It has quite the i-interesting details" I looked at the man. He had dark hair and a terrifying face. Two birds sat on his shoulders.

"Ordinary people are not aloud in here" He said and the colour from my face drained.

"My apologies." I bowed.

He said nothing until. "Who are you child"

Child?.. "My name is Liv.."

"No. That is not true." My eyes widened as he said those words.

"Pardon?"

"Those snake markings and the white hair. Your Nyoka. A valkyrie."

"I'm not sure what you mean? My name is not Nyoka" I tilted my head to the side.

"Its alright my child. You have already forgotten your existence in Valhalla."

"I'm sorry but I'm awful confused."

"I'll shall explain everything my child. Come sit next my throne"

"Y-your?!" He walked past me and sat down as I sat down next to him on the floor. I really did feel like a child now....

"You once lived in Valhalla Nyoka. You wished to live the life of a human to understand them. You went down to earth and eventually fell in love." 

I guess that explains why we were called the clan that was blessed by gods.

"Of course you eventually died and reincarnated as LinShi. Until you eventually died and your body was recovered by the other Valkyries. They brung you up here and returned you to your original form of a Valkyrie."

I stood up. "So.. I was always a valkyrie?" I took a few steps forward away from him. I needed to walk around this was to much.

"Yes. You were just never awakened. My child you were the strongest valkyrie. Yet you wished to understand humans." His voice turned cold.

"So I lost my memories of my old valkyrie life. So did I know you?" He nods.

"You would follow me around to learn more. You would always ask questions about gods and the world."

That makes sense but I don't even know his name. What should I do?..

"How was I powerful?"

"You could cast any spells instantly." He stands up and walks out of the throne room. I follow behind him.

"Where are we going?" He didn't answer my question but we soon entered a room.

There was a white staff with a lantern at the end of it. "This was once yours."

I picked up the staff and a small fire started in the lantern. The man walked up to me we a small box. He opened it and there was a snake ornament inside the box.

I took the ornament and the snake shape shifted into a live snake. It slivered around my neck and wrapped it self around it.

It looked my face as if it was happy to see me. "Your familiar." He says. "Come my child let me show you your old home"

And with that I followed him. I will follow him until the end.