Chapter 1: 𝙻𝚒𝚝, 𝙳𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚢 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚏

"Who are you?" The man stood up from his chair, screeching against the tiled floor. It was loud enough for you to want to cover your ears.

"Uhm.." you stuttered.

He wore a mask which hid his facial features beside his mouth. The mask was a dark gray, having intricate black markings surrounding the top of it. The mask itself was in a familiar shape. The shape of a crow's beak. You looked at his eyes... well... where they were supposed to be. Instead of seeing a pupil, you saw bright yellow orbs. You then looked down at his outfit. He wore a black vest with black glitter forming an almost floral pattern, a white dress shirt, a black tie, black dress pants and a pair of shoes that were royal blue. You gazed at his cape that also appeared to be a jacket. The collar was a matching color to the shoes having gold details scattered around the fabric, black feathers poking out from underneath the collar, the main fabric having a ombré of blue and black.

"Are you going to answer my question, young one?" The man's voice was deep. You noticed him grab a cane before he walked a few steps closer to you. The cane had a golden crow perched on top of it. "I am Y/N. Y/N L/N," you stated. The man hummed at you in confusion, but also with amusement. He took a few more steps closer, his cane hitting the ground each step he took. He was now only a couple feet away from you. You had just realized how tall the man was. You had to look up at him to meet his gaze.

You swore that you have met this man before, but you couldn't put your finger on it. He hummed questionably while walking around you. "What are you-," you were caught off by the man. "You don't appear to be from this realm. Are you lost?" You nodded your head in response. "That is quite unfortunate. I'm the headmage at this prestigious school." He raised a hand toward you. You looked at it for a moment before clasping your own around his hand. His hand was cold, it was almost like ice. You peered behind him to see a name tag that said 'Dire Crowley.'

"Uhm, Mr. Crowley, where am I?" His eyes widened a bit. His features were quickly drained from pride. "This is Night Raven College. Have you not heard of it?! Well, I suppose since you aren't from this world that you don't know of it," he said, pressing his hand against his chin. You just rolled your eyes.

Then, it hit you. You finally remembered everything about what happened. You getting home, getting changed, somehow transporting into the game. Your fear began showing throughout your body, your body shaking slightly. Crowley noticed your new behavior. "I understand you are in a bit of a... what is it? A pickle? I am free for a few minutes before I must return to work, so please elaborate what you want." You nodded, his confusion on a common phrase made the corners of your mouth turn up.

———————

"So," he began, " you are from this planet called... Earth...." You told him about how you got there and what you were doing previously before being absorbed into your phone. He walked over to a bookshelf, his strides were wide. He began searching the 'D' section. He grazed his finger across the binds of the books. He finally snatched one from off the shelf. As he walked by you toward his desk, you quickly skimmed the book title. 'Dimensions and Parallel Worlds.'

He plopped the book onto his desk, flipping his cape so he wouldn't sit on it. He leaned back in his plush chair. "Now, I shall look into your dilemma. I can't guarantee how long you will have to stay here, but I will try to get you back to your realm as soon as possible."

You already knew this. You had played the game before, so you knew what he was going to say. He was going to invite you to stay at the 'Ramshackle Dorm,' or also known as the haunted building on campus. You would then make a deal with Grim to be counted as one student at the school. You would then proceed to take classes like a normal student. It had then  just occurred to you that you would have to possibly help people from overblotting. That was one of the main problems you had to deal with as the MC.