Chapter 4: ✦𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝚁𝚘𝚊𝚛✦ (2/2)

Note: Midway through this I changed into 1st perspective because I think I want to write in 1st person instead of 2nd person

The pale moonlight on the dark forest scenery was beautiful. Leona decided it was getting late and that he was going to miss his bedtime. You thought it was weird for him to have a bedtime because he slept so often, but you didn't think much of it.

You rubbed your thumb against the jacket the lion man had generously given you. You weren't expecting him to be this nice towards you, especially after reading how he treats you in the game. He is an arrogant, selfish, and lazy character. Then, why was he being kind and thoughtful? He almost seems charming. You shake your head at the thought. Yeah, he was attractive, but you couldn't like him. He was a video game character after all.

"What was that for?" You turned to the brunette boy to see a raised brow.

"Nothing, just thinking," you simply said.

"Of...?" His tail swished slightly as he leaned downward to match your gaze.

"None of your business," you exclaimed as you shoved him lightly away from you. He quickly shot his eyes at yours, his pupils smaller than you remembered. He closed his eyes for a second and continued walking.

"I'm sorry," you quickly say.

"You're fine," he replied. You were expecting him to yell at you or at least send some attitude your way, but he didn't.

———————

You grabbed the key from your pocket to unlock the door to your room. Once you hear a click, you twist the knob and push the door open. You stepped inside your room and turned to gaze at your friend.

"Thanks for walking me back. You didn't have to do that," you said with a gentle smile.

The male yawned, "Yeah, it's nothing. Plus I had to tell you something." He looked at your outfit. "You are going to be attending school tomorrow."

Your eyes went wide at his statement. "I get to go to school? Wait, how will that work? I don't have magic," you wondered aloud.

"I have no idea, but it isn't my problem. Goodnight, Y/N." Leona said as he walked down the empty hallway. "See ya at lunch or somethin." You shot a quick wave at him, though he couldn't see it.

You shut your door and locked it while you made your way to the bathroom. You got ready to sleep, changing into pajamas, brushing your teeth, brushing your hair, washing your face, and the other steps of your nightly routine.

Fatigue washing over you, you laid on your bed, pulling the sheets over you. You rested your eyes as you placed your head on the fluffy pillow.

———————

You awake to the sound of birds chirping and the sunlight seeping onto your covers. You stretch the tiredness from your limbs as you sit up. A yawn escapes your lips as you begin to get ready for the day.

You walked against the wooden floors to enter the bathroom. The toothbrush was resting in the cup that you had left it in. You picked it up and squirted toothpaste on it. You began the normal routine of brushing your teeth. The uniform you left folded on the counter caught your eyes' attention as they looked for something interesting to keep you from boredom. This would be the first time you would wear your uniform to school. The thought of going to class traveled your mind. You smiled as you brushed your teeth at the thought of being able to attend school with the characters you adored so much.

You spit the minty toothpaste into the sink, placing your toothbrush back into the cup. You got dressed and finished your routine. You walked out of the small room and placed your dirty clothes in the hamper. The feeling in your stomach grew. You were nervous yet excited to be going to school. You hated it back home, but maybe it would be different here. After all, it is all about magic.