Chapter Five

Later, as you made your way out of school, you saw a flyer on the school noticeboard, recruiting people for the try-outs for the swim team. In scrawly lettering, you made out Ajax's name in one of the spaces, along with numerous others. You smiled a little.

"Do you think I'll make it in?" came a sound from behind you. When you whipped your head around, he was right there, like magic.

"Well, with what I saw this morning, more than definitely." you replied, smiling radiantly. "Good luck. They're next week, right?"

Today was a Friday, so you had the weekend to relax.

"Yep! I'll be practicing! Now, I just gotta call Mr. Minister-"

He patted his pockets, making a show of not being able to find his phone.

"Oh, dear." he announced. "I must have forgot my phone at home."

He looked at you and smirked.

"Can I borrow yours?"

You hesitantly handed him your phone, open on the dialling screen. He tapped around a bit on it, smiling. He then gave it back to you. You held it in both hands, confused.

"W- Weren't you going to-?"

"I'll be waiting for a text, Y/N!" he waved at you, winking, his phone to his ear.

"Hello, Minister... yeah, I'm done school. The car's outside? That's great, thanks."

He walked away and you glanced down at your phone. There was a new contact, named "My Extremely Hot and Mysterious Soon-To-Be Dead Enemy-To-Lover"

That was extremely smooth.

~~~

After a long day at school, all you felt like doing was reading. You made yourself a nice iced coffee and turned on your soft fairy lights, settling in your bean bag with your book. You took an inhale inwards and decided to take your mind off Ajax for the time being.

You were reading "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven.

Your evening went smoothly, uninterrupted save for the twittering of the birds and the scampering of the squirrels around you. Of course, to make sure no critters get in, you had securely barricaded the caravan from angles. But that didn't stop some larger animals jumping on top of the caravan. You'd have to shoo them away.

When you finished a couple of chapters, you plugged in your headphones and got up, walking over to your small multi-purpose table.

You didn't necessarily have any electricity, so you'd have to buy a lot of batteries for all your battery-operated things, which was expensive of course. To be able to afford your own eating and drinking costs too, you worked some weekends as a barista in a coffee shop and also made a living off your favourite thing ever; glass painting.

You never knew how many people liked having designs on their glass things. They'd bring them in to you and you'd follow their instructions and designs. To balance this with school and your studies, you'd give a deadline of a week to get them done.

This particular old lady's glass tumblers were to be completed by tomorrow. She wanted an underwater design with seaweed, coral and little seahorses for her granddaughter. You smiled, adding an extra design of a mermaid resembling Ariel. The eyes were a little messed up, so you added eyelashes to fix them.

When you looked to your clock, finally finished them, it was already nearly midnight. You yawned and took out your headphones, placing them back in their case. You switched on your phone, to see a missed call from Elio.